Hey guys, whats up...

I currently have a Peavey Classic 30, a Digitech rp355 and a Epi Les Paul with stock pickups

i dont really like the stock pups on my Epi, so im lookin to switch them out, but before hand, id like to hear some recommendations from you all here on UG

I play anything under the sun, so i would need some pickups to preferably play just that...everything lol

I've been told many times to look into the Gibson Classic 57's, but they are WAY out of my price range, im willing to spend probably 250$ at most, and probably not even that, probably 200$...lol i got bills to pay

I've also been told to check out EMG's, Duncan Alnico Pro 2 pickups, Duncan Hot Rodded Set (JB & Jazz set) and several others, but i'd like to hear what you all have to say

BTW, im not against buying high end pickups, like Bareknuckle, or BBQ or anything like that....so long as they are within budget (200-250$)

Thanks, as always, you guys rock!
What you need is a new amp lol

I think most of the classic rock sounds we know and love were the result of those old school tube amps. Get a tube amp and yo'll be closer to that old school sound
Peavey Classic 30 is a tube amp

EDIT:
to be exact it has four EL84s and three 12AX7s
Last edited by B.C. RICH5000 at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by reggaebassman
What you need is a new amp lol

I think most of the classic rock sounds we know and love were the result of those old school tube amps. Get a tube amp and yo'll be closer to that old school sound

whoa super fail... classic 30 is a sweet tube amp.
try a dimarzio super distortion.. to be honest I have no experience with them myself but there's a dude on youtube that plays a tokai les paul with a super distortion in the bridge and the tones he gets are very classic rock indeed.

*edit: this is the dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-00x6lI0D4
Last edited by Necronomicon at Apr 14, 2011,
I would go with SD JB/59 combo personally. You can get all kinds of classic tones out of that combo because they are classic.