I don't gig at the moment and was wondering if a 120 watt bugera head would be overkill for bedroom playing. Can it sound good at low volumes?
bugera thread, for the second effin time!

they sound good at bedroom volumes, certainly as good as most practice amps. however they sound BETTER once you turn them up a bit.

That said, i use mine strictly for home use. Bedroom amp and recording, and it sounds great.

If you haven't heard a 120W head cranked before, you won't be able to do that without someone calling the cops.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I too have the 333xl head and have it paired with a Avatar 412 with v30's, I don't take it past the Master at about 1 and the channel volume I don't often get past 3/4's of the way (3 o'clock). Like stated above, It sounds better at higher volumes, but does lower volumes just fine.
Ibanez RGA72QME BBS
Schecter Hellraiser C7 NT in Black
ESP LTD MH-1000 (STG)
Bugera 333xl Head
Krank Krankenstein Head
Ampeg SSC-140 combo 212
I have one, and I use it for both bedroom and jamming with a band. It sounds good at the lower volumes, better when jamming. I have yet to be able to crank it
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
I have the 1990 (still 120w) and I use it for home use(as of right now, but I'm looking for a band), on 1 1/2 - 2 it sounds pretty decent for low volumes, but my amp loves the 5-7 range.

And Ive cranked it to 10 before Yes it was loud, but it sounded great!!
But I live out in the country and the neighbors dont mind much
except when I play at like 11 at night haha
Quote by Stryker636
I have the 1990 (still 120w) and I use it for home use(as of right now, but I'm looking for a band), on 1 1/2 - 2 it sounds pretty decent for low volumes, but my amp loves the 5-7 range.

Um the 1990 is a Marshall clone. It's meant to be dimed you know

EDIT: Dont be misled. This guys a,mp goes to 22.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by potofy
I don't gig at the moment and was wondering if a 120 watt bugera head would be overkill for bedroom playing. Can it sound good at low volumes?

you can use the volume button
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Gundamnitpete
If you haven't heard a 120W head cranked before, you won't be able to do that without someone calling the cops.

Depends on where you live and who your neighbors are. I've cranked 100 watt amps in my backyard before and never had a problem. My neighbors actually enjoy it when I crank amps up and play because they love the music I play.

TS: First off we need to keep in mind that watts is not a direct measure of volume, more a measure of power/headroom. The more watts an amp has, the louder of a clean signal it can reproduce before it reaches clipping stages. An amps volume is more determined by its circuitry, which is why you can take two amps rated at the same wattage and more times than not one of them will be louder than the other.

However, its like I said, it depends on where you live and how tolerant your family members and neighbors are.
The 333XL Half-stack across from me in my room would like a word. XD

But yeah, Bugera thread, and yes, it's fine for bedroom practice, I can have it at a whisper.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Stryker636

i thought i read that the 1990 has a switch to go down to 50w?
i have to agree that the bugera does the bedroom level just fine
i keep the channel volume low an slowly turn up the main volume to taste, like i think that guy dingle on youtube does
I don't get why people act like you can use a full size amp at bedroom levels. It's not like you HAVE TO crank it. Maybe it's just cause I play mostly metal or straight cleans but I use my 100w half stack for home practice and it can be as quiet as I want it to be.

Btw, the 333XL is an awesome amp. I think Bugeras are totally underrated.
I hate my sig
My favorite amp of all, however, for bedroom practice I use my pod instead. Its just simpler to plug the guitar to the pod than it is to plug it into my amp and FX. At low volumes I also prefer the sound of the POD. Cranked the bugera is my favorite amp of all. Its really really smooth sounding, where other amps just give you a bunch of fuzz.
Ok my amp goes to 10 on volume, 22 on gain! And it has a 60w mode, but i usually run in on 120w model
And when I said 11 at night, I meant 11 pm.