Are there any guitars that come factory set-up in Drop C tuning, or do I have to set it up that way??
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Maybe theres a couple signature guitars out there that are, but I don't know I'm just guessing.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
The Ibanez Matt Bachand Signature Model is the only one I can think of. You can just take any guitar and set it up to the tuning you want.
Why go out of your way to get a guitar that comes in drop c. When you can just get them to set it up for you before you leave.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Apr 14, 2011,
I know Ibanez has some new models called the RGD's that come set up in D Standard. pretty close.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
jackson demmilition V comes in B standard.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
ibanez Mick Thompson come in drop b so u could capo it at the second for drop c

i also use a 7 string in drop a capo 3rd fret for drop c
anyways, no, as far as I know, none of them are set up for that, it's not like it's hard to do though.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Very few, but I would not trust an average store to set up my guitar with heavier gauge strings at the right tuning and expecting it to play well. They might adjust the truss rod and set the action haphazardly but they won't slot the nut for the new strings. Learn to do basic guitar set up stuff that way you can put whatever strings on whatever guitar you want and make it work for you.
Ibanez RGD320Z has a different neck scale for de-tuning and comes factory setup in D standard, cheapest of the series. Only one I can think of.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Hmm...

buy a guitar without constraints and to your personal liking and then getting it set up......or getting a guitar factory tuned to Drop-C...
Quote by 365_days_gone
I do not feel comfortable adjusting the truss rod.

It is real simple man. You cant screw your neck up unless you go in there blind not knowing what you are doing. Check your neck relief, see what way it needs to go (less relief or more) and make 1/4 turns on the truss rod until your neck has the right amount of relief. Its not rocket science.