Hey,

Since I bought my Crybaby wah wah, I can't help but notice awesome guitar solo's with wah wah + distortion!! It's like everywhere.

Now, I'd love to have distortion + wah wah, but if I connect it to my Digitech RP50 effect processor, the wah wah just strips out the sound of the distortion almost fully.

Check my pic for my setup, it's the most awesome set up you'll ever feast your eyes upon:
https://skitch.com/koenoosterbroek/r4gja/preview

Is this due to having a cheap ass effects processor? And what would be my best option, I can't afford effects that are more then 200 euro/dollar!

Thanks!

K
It's more the cheap wah than the cheap dirt, but you should also be running your wah first.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

If you have the GCB95 crybaby, It needs to be modded (with an output buffer) to work with dirt pedals.

Edit:

And yeah, it should go before the dirt.
before anything try switching them. put the wah first, then the other thing. u want to wah wah your distortion, not distort your wah wah. should go like this:

guitar-wah-distortion-amp
Dude put your wah pedal before the processor on your signal chain.

Guitar > Wah > Processor > Amp
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Next up try getting an EQ pedal like the Danelectro Fish n' Chips (its cheap) and run it with the 800 slider all the way up, the 400 half way up and the far right sliders slightly boosted from 0. Then run your signal into distortion and wah. Adjust to taste. It is awesome!
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)