hi guys i want to learn some alexi solos but he use the 24 fret a lot and i have only 22 fret in my guitar !
Buy a guitar with a 24th fret?
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
on lot of solos, you dont have enough time to bend to the 24th fret and come back- on a 22 fret guitar, coz alexi sometimes just touch the 24th fret with other bunch of notes with a lightning speed!!

yes you do need a 24 fret guitar for alexi stuffs. thats why i have both 24 and 22 fret guitar.
Last edited by COBHC912 at Apr 14, 2011,
Quote by blankoff
I like to use a little trick called bending.

This. But a 24 fret guitar would also help.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by blankoff
I like to use a little trick called bending.

dont get me wrong , i know you can bend on a 22 fret, to reach that 24th note.

but if alexi is sweeping lighting fast continuously on 24th fret. do you have enough time to bend ?? same as sweep tapping on 24th fret?
i would love to hear kissing the shadow's ending sweeps played with a bent first note, lol.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Play the solos transposed into E standard tuning. The 24th Fret on Alexi's guitar is the same note as the 22nd fret of a guitar tuned to E standard.
Quote by sacredworlds
Play the solos transposed into E standard tuning. The 24th Fret on Alexi's guitar is the same note as the 22nd fret of a guitar tuned to E standard.

what are you sayin man ? its alexi who plays both of those lower riffs plus those higher frets solos at a time !! if you tuned in E and played that 24th stuffs , how you would suddenly come to lower riffs that has D , D# on the low E ?
I am not saying u cant play a single song on a 22 fret guitar !! off-course alexi don't use 23/24 fret on every single song !! but still lot of his popular solos has those higher frets work that cant be adjusted via bending , transposing whatever !
if you are just going to play his solos, you could always tune your guitar to E standard, and just play everything 2 frets back (which means you can play the high D on the 24th fret.

Or, another option (I do this a lot) is to just download audacity and raise the pitch of the song 2 steps so you can play the high D on a 22 fret guitar.
Quote by COBHC912
what are you sayin man ? its alexi who plays both of those lower riffs plus those higher frets solos at a time !! if you tuned in E and played that 24th stuffs , how you would suddenly come to lower riffs that has D , D# on the low E ?

Fair point, you couldn't, so it really depends on whether you want to do Alexi's solos, or his riffs. If you want to do both, then a 24 fret guitar is truly the only option, unless you get a 7 string.
i think that the best think to do is to lower the whole solo with two frets that's all pfff ...
Quote by sacredworlds

This, Laiho is always tuned to either D standard or Drop C (except for Something Wild which was in C# standard). If you want to be able to play his solos on a 22 fret guitar, you can tune to E standard (standard tuning) and just shift everything he plays down 2 frets. Your 22nd fret will act as his 24th, your 20th as his 22nd, your 12th as his 14th ect.
If you're looking to play entire songs, this approach will be irksome because you're going to need that low D (or low C) for a lot of the other parts but if you tune to drop D, you can get quite a few songs down after changing some of the fingerings.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.