im having problems remembering songs. i'd spend one or two days learning a song then in a few days i'd forget it like i didnt learn it at all. i have spent weeks learning a song but when i move on to another i forget some of the one before.how long should i learn a song where i wont forget it so easy?
eat blueberries!
They help with memory lol
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Its just practice, learn until you can play it in your sleep. Some people are better at it than others... usually if you want to learn a song all the way through it could take more than a couple sessions to get it right.

Personally, I am terrible at remembering songs, I have a handful that I can play through without forgetting parts but when I get some guitar time I try to play them at least once just to keep them fresh. If you are learning a new song, warm up by playing the song you had down the time before then it stays in your hands. (personal experience, but maybe it will help)

good luck
I usually get it all memorized within a week or so, if I play it every day.
I agree with swilcox, just practise until you can play it in your sleep.
I've noticed it helps if you listen to the actual song before/during/after learning it.
I try to keep a playlist in my phone of songs that I either play or am thinking about learning. I was always having the problem of forgetting the lyrics. I find it also helps you remember the order that the song goes in and you at least are hearing how it goes so it gets into your head.
If you can't recall a song after a moving on, that's a good sign you haven't really gotten the first one down yet. When you get a song down, like REALLY get it down, you should pretty much still know it after learning something else. But you still have to do some "maintenance" practice every once in a while.

I think this might be a really common thing for a lot of people, myself included before. To not really have a song down, yet think they do.
Quote by no bs johnny
If you can't recall a song after a moving on, that's a good sign you haven't really gotten the first one down yet. When you get a song down, like REALLY get it down, you should pretty much still know it after learning something else. But you still have to do some "maintenance" practice every once in a while.

I think this might be a really common thing for a lot of people, myself included before. To not really have a song down, yet think they do.

^this

I can play any song I ever learned, its just sometimes I have to practice it once or twice through if I haven't played it for a while.....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.