I have done a little recording before, but it was from my Boss ME-25 to Sonar LE, and I don't like any of the tones I get from my Boss ME, so I want to know how to record with my amp(Peavey Bandit 112).
with about 300 dollars(even less) you can easily get a decent tone if you know what your doing.
basically buy an sm57, a cheap interface and start experimenting.
now im probably gonna get flagged for telling you all this but thats what i would do.
Quote by aeromakesmusic
with about 300 dollars(even less) you can easily get a decent tone if you know what your doing.
basically buy an sm57, a cheap interface and start experimenting.
now im probably gonna get flagged for telling you all this but thats what i would do.

+1

that's probably the best you can do to get a good tone without forking out hundreds for good recording gear
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
$300? Hell, you could easily do it for $150. Go buy a used SM57 off of ebay or craigslist for $70 or $80, do the same with the recording interface. I recommend the Lexicon Alpha, I think they're about $80 new, can probably get for about $50 used.
Just bypass all the effect on the Boss ME-25 then run your DI into a free amp simp. Amp sims will sound a lot better than bedroom a valve amp.
+2

I picked up a used toneport ux1 for 45 bucks. Then bought an sm57 mic for like 120. Great tones.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
the ME-25 is also a USB interface - use it with all the new freeware amp sims and Impulses that are GREAT - this thread may help you set it up:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13218&p=67122&hilit=boss#p67122

I think you'd have better sound than micing the Bandit
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Apr 15, 2011,
I read about that sm57, all good, I will pick one up when I get money, but for now I am flat broke. I tried bypassing the Boss ME-25 tones like Odirunn said, but it didn't seem to work. I think it was because I don't know how to set it up so that I can do that. If anyone can give a quick lesson that would be perfect! Thanks for all the help.