After recently viewing the seemingly limitless amounts of pickups available, I decided that I need some help choosing. My ibanez is kept in standard tuning, and I use it for 70's and 80's and even 90's rock. Its got an HSH setup, and I really want to replace the Infinity pickups. I want dirty crunch like AC/DC and Ozzy Osbourne, and I'd even like to use it for some metal. I also use it for cleans so they'd need to have some good clean tone. Think stuff like Pearl Jam, how they switch to clean at times. Theres really no budget, but I was thinking I'd throw a Super Distortion in the bridge, but Im really uncertain about the other 2 slots. Help please!
Oh, one more thing. The guitar has an edge III on it, so I was wondering if I needed F spaced pickups.
I would say put a Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge as a start, its an absolute monster... Not sure how well it would handle Pearl Jam cleans exactly, never tried, but its an amazing pickup.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
What you current setup?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Go with a DiMarzio Evolution and wire it to coil split. I put one in my Ibanez S some years back and swear by them now. They're the only pickup I use in the bridge.

And yes, you'll want an F spaced pickup.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
So I checked out the bare knuckle, I agree. That is a MONSTER.
What about the other two slots? Im thinking of putting a lace sensor single coil in the middle, but Im still kinda lost on the neck pickup.
Nevermind. 230$ for ONE pickup is ****ing ridiculous.
Going back to the Super Distortion.
Quote by xxIceManxx08
Nevermind. 230$ for ONE pickup is ****ing ridiculous.
Going back to the Super Distortion.

Really?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bare-Knuckle-Nailbomb-Bridge-Zebra-53mm-4-Con-Short-NEW-/280609292327?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item41559e0027

Bareknuckles on ebay are really cheap compared to other places.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Apr 15, 2011,
Dont get the Evolution, its weak as sh*t, get a SD Alnico ll Trembucker,

I had the evo in my JEM, its a real pain in the back bottom
Quote by Dennis_SG
Dont get the Evolution, its weak as sh*t, get a SD Alnico ll Trembucker,

I had the evo in my JEM, its a real pain in the back bottom

Don't talk out of your arse, it makes you look silly.

The Evo has twice the output of the Alnico Pro II...one is a high-output, modern screamer of a pickup with a razor-sharp attack , the other is a low output, spongier responding vintage pickup.

They're at opposite ends of the spectrum, only a fool would even attempt to compare them - and do you really expect anyone to believe you owned a JEM?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
They're at opposite ends of the spectrum, only a fool would even attempt to compare them - and do you really expect anyone to believe you owned a JEM?

He probably had a JB 59' in it...what an idiot.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by steven seagull

The Evo has twice the output of the Alnico Pro II...one is a high-output, modern screamer of a pickup with a razor-sharp attack , the other is a low output, spongier responding vintage pickup.

Thanks

Saved me the response. If there was a thumbs up smilie, I'd use it here.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by steven seagull

Wow man...Put the rocket launcher away...its just an ant! ...ROFL

The Evo is one of the most recommended bridge upgrades in my area.....
Im a fan of the Nailbomb....
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Still looking at the nailbomb, 140 is enough where I could buy the Super Distortion and a Lace Sensor and still have some cash left over.