Hey

I an considering buying a new pair of Monster Beats Studio by Dr. Dre. What i want to know is are they suitable for some basic come recording (so mixing and eq'ing and stuff)
I've heard they're a little heavy bass. I've also heard that you would be better off purchasing the Solo or the Pro.

I do need quick responses here, as the listing ends soon. Thanks
I personally wouldn't buy the beats, seeing the alternatives out there
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by megano28
I personally wouldn't buy the beats, seeing the alternatives out there

they seem to be a bit more of a dj'ing headphone, don't they?

What would you recommended?
Quote by flava14
they seem to be a bit more of a dj'ing headphone, don't they?

What would you recommended?

I got me some of these, for ~220 on ebay from an authorized seller. They match up to the beats extremely well and the build quality is much better

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/mat_dev/PXC450/EN/open.htm
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

No problem, I found these right here, a little more than what I paid, but the guy's an authorized seller and he includes a 2 year warranty

EDIT: Forgot the link lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-PXC-450-Noise-Cancel-Headphones-PXC450-NEW-/310310084975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483fec216f
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

I wouldn't try mixing on any headphones marketed to the average consumer because they are likely to have hyped frequencies which will interfere with your mixing.

While mixing on headphones isn't advised, especially for EQing (it's sometimes helpful for dynamic levels), it's understandable that it's sometimes the only option and in that case I would recommend looking into 'flat-response' headphones designed specially for mixing.
If your writing music for everyday people to hear? (why would you be doing this otherwise) Then a different approach is to mix on crap headphones to see what people actually will be listening to it on. Just an idea
Referencing on things like earbuds is ok, but mixing on them completely is a horrible idea.
Ya I guess your right what I kinda meant to say is to make sure listen to it on them occasionally, Like I said that is what they'll be listening on
Oh yeah, for sure. I reference in my car and friends' cars all the time too. That's one of the great things about a solid mix, it's translates and sounds great on every system!
well, flow what i hear, if you can get a song sounding great on 'flat-response' monitors or headphones, then it will sound even better on crappy headphones or monitors.

The headphones is most probably more for playback, im getting some krk's for the majority of my mixing. just good to have some headphones as well