Page 1 of 2
I'm sure most of you will have seen the news about Spotify on the UG homepage, if not, here's the blog from Spotify's website.

So Spotify users, what do you think?

I think that the changes were always coming, they couldn't be expected to carry on with the amount of people using their service for free, but the limit of 5 plays for a song is outrageous. I'm probably going to get Spotify unlimited, which I suppose at £5 a month isn't too bad, but I'm not exactly loaded.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Yeah, they really shot themselves in the foot with this one. They're not gonna get a lot of new listeners with this.

I've been a premium payer for months and I can tell you it's awesome, though. Worth the money for sure.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
What the fucking bullshit!? 10 hours a month is a joke. I listen to that in 3 days. And 5 plays per song? Pah. Uninstalling spotify now. There are other alternatives.
🙈 🙉 🙊
This.
Ah well, back to illegal downloading it is.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Yeah... that's the end of me using Spotify.

Although, they say it's currently limited to 20 hours a week (or is it a month?) but mine's currently unlimited, because I signed up ages ago. SO is there any chance I'll still be unaffected by this?
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88
Yeah... that's the end of me using Spotify.

Although, they say it's currently limited to 20 hours a week (or is it a month?) but mine's currently unlimited, because I signed up ages ago. SO is there any chance I'll still be unaffected by this?

That's same with me, and I presume the changes will be for us aswell as it's addressed to users of Spotify Free/Open
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I've been using Spotify Open instead of piracy

looks like its back to piracy.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

You can hardly blame them... giving you access to millions of songs for free. They have to make money somewhere.
They've drawn you in, now they're asking you to pay £5 a month . Still a bargain IMO
Stop being tight-asses
... I'm in the U.S.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by vitchb
You can hardly blame them... giving you access to millions of songs for free. They have to make money somewhere.
They've drawn you in, now they're asking you to pay £5 a month . Still a bargain IMO
Stop being tight-asses

I earn £30 a week when it's not the school holidays, and have to fund going to watch Hull City, nights out, birthdays etc.

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Probably not going to use it again when it happens. It was bad enough with Jonathon from spotify constantly nagging you about premium but they're going to alienate a lot of users with this. I guess i'll just go to that youtube thing and start listening from there.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by vitchb
Stop being tight-asses

Except they probably make a shitload just from advertising. Seems they're just getting greedy.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Meh, I signed up when it first came out as a free user, and I've never been hit by the current limitations. Hopefully it won't change for me, if it does, I'll pay up the £5er I guess.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Quote by AlecMag
... I'm in the U.S.

i am too but i have it.

sucks too because i just downloaded it a few days ago.
Go Veg.
Totally saw that one coming...

*sigh* I was on the edge of paying for unlimited, and this has pushed me into it.

At least I won't hear those ****ing advertisements anymore.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by entity0009
Except they probably make a shitload just from advertising. Seems they're just getting greedy.

This. They have a shit ton of ads, and you can't skip over them like you can with a lot of other sites which host free streaming. I could (but wont) name several that I use which don't even require membership, and you get half the amount of ads, unlimited playing of any songs, and you can buy the tracks off there for less than off Spotify.

Also, instead of charging all the faithful users already on their network...just broaden their horizons. If they're that short on money, get their software to one of the biggest technological countries in the world. Once the US gets a hold of it, their profits will rocket. No need for this shit.
If spotify had all the music I wanted in one place I would pay for it... The problem is they're not even close; a good percentage of my favourite bands don't have a single track on spotify and most others have tracks missing.

Time to move to different software when my music collection isn't to hand.
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Guys a £10 a month is the same as just buying one CD month, and you will get all the music in higher quality (320 kbps).

Spotify don't have a lot of music I listen to so I won't be paying for it, but lets be fair it's definitely worth paying the money for. And I can't believe this is coming from me, but you could buy the music now instead of going back to piracy
I was thinking about getting the premium but recently a lot of my favorite band's songs have been removed, which has left me in a strange situation. Might wait and see if any more songs are pulled before I start paying
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by entity0009
What the fucking bullshit!? 10 hours a month is a joke. I listen to that in 3 days. And 5 plays per song? Pah. Uninstalling spotify now. There are other alternatives.

This.

At least we still have good old fashioned torrents.

Spotify is now gone from my computer.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Apr 14, 2011,
It's £5 a month. Now lets put this in context, thats 1 hours work a month for most people. Even school kids earning minimum wage can get that in 2 hours a month.

Thats also about the same price as ONE album. Get a grip, it's not costing an arm and a leg.
You guys are saying "**** you" to a company that's been providing you with free music for years without asking anything in return, and that has brought he music bussiness a huge step forward in terms of distribution?

How arrogant are you, really?

I'm been paying for premium for a year, and I couldn't be happier. I love the guys at spotify for what they provide.
^ *Reported*

Not Ahteh
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Quote by guitarpals
Why would you post a guitar-relevant video? And we are offering out services for free. Don't be a douch and talk about guitar related stuff on a guitar forum. I am reporting you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-BRKYyKnQ&feature=channel_video_title

Wrong thread/forum brah.

Surprisngly, this thread isn't about guitar lessons.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Quote by wizards?
^What's with this bellend spamming all over the place?

Just to keep this relevant, I couldn't stand spotify, got rid of it after maybe a week.

Just out of curiousity, how come?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Yeah, I can't exactly say that this was unforseen... Even if they did make piles of money off advertising, with the massive user base they generated, a large proportion of that is bound to start paying now they've put these restrictions on. At the end of the day, they're a company, with their primary aim being profit, and the fact that they offered such a large amount of listening in the first place was quite surprising.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
I get alot of my music cheap on ebay, I'll check spotify to see if something is worth buying second hand.

This.

Second hand music is where it's at.
Just use Grooveshark people. It's virtually the same and free.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by cam_sampbell
Just out of curiousity, how come?

I had a few reasons, didn't dig the interface, and honestly I prefer my method illegal downloading and then buying the album if I like it enough that I want to support the artist. That and I really enjoy having physical copies. To me an album really isn't complete without all the album art, the lyrics, and anything else that comes with it.

That's just me though, I can see how a lot of people would enjoy the service.
Last edited by wizards? at May 4, 2011,
No such thing as a free lunch. The paid service is still really cheap for what you get.

And you still get 5 listens of each song. Surely when you hear an album more than 5 times, that's when you know you should probably be buying it?
Page 1 of 2