Does anyone know how RSA encryption works? I have a problem for class and I cant get it :/

The textbook RSA encryption scheme is deterministic (if the same message m is encrypted twice, then we get the same ciphertext). Consider instead the following
scheme. Let (e, n) be an RSA public key, with n = pq, and let (d, p, q) be the secret key, with ed = 1 mod Phi(n). To encrypt a message m epsilon{0,1,2,...,n-1}, compute a random r EpsilonZ group n and one of the following encryption pairs (all operations are modulo n):

(a) [a="r^e,B = m + r"]. To decrypt, compute B - A^d.
(b) [a="r,B = (m + r)^e"]. To decrypt, compute B^d - A.
Do any of these encryption pairs improve the security of textbook RSA? Why?

I know, I know its complicated, but any help would be greatly appreciated
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
huh?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by zbest

This one improves it because it is the second answer and not the first, which is (a).

Good luck figuring this out TS
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
i dont know why you would post this on UG expecting an answer, unless you're trying to look pretentious
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
He really needs a new amp.

Seriously... I thought algebra and geometry were bad. That crypto stuff is really heavy. Good luck!
Lol thanks anyway guys, and I tried the pit cuz well maybe someone knew something and could help?
a. d.n.p.
b. q.b.e

q. No, because it can be determined that d=q by anyone born after 1945, when that particular encryption became obsolete.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by zbest
Does anyone know how RSA encryption works? I have a problem for class and I cant get it :/

The textbook RSA encryption scheme is deterministic (if the same message m is encrypted twice, then we get the same ciphertext). Consider instead the following
scheme. Let (e, n) be an RSA public key, with n = pq, and let (d, p, q) be the secret key, with ed = 1 mod Phi(n). To encrypt a message m epsilon{0,1,2,...,n-1}, compute a random r EpsilonZ group n and one of the following encryption pairs (all operations are modulo n):

I know, I know its complicated, but any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote by mystical_1
a. d.n.p.
b. q.b.e

q. No, because it can be determined that d=q by anyone born after 1945, when that particular encryption became obsolete.

What? how could it become obsolete in 1945 when it was first theorized in 1978 and only implimented in the last 10 years?
its really not nearly as complicated as it seems. It took me around 20-30 minutes to code it up. depends though on what language you want to code it in.

python probably the easiest route.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
I thought cryptology had something to do with tomb raider...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I'm not trying to code it though :/ all I want to know is why they are more secure the the original cipher method
Actually never mind, I think i figured it out