I have a AP Music Theory exam in 25 days. I was wondering if someone could quiz me. We have been getting more homework lately to prepare us for the exam but I finished it already and could use more work.

Also, if anybody has any links or something for ear training that would be great. I've been using the ear trainer on musictheory.net but you only can do so much with it. I'm looking for something like melodys to figure out by ear, how it would be on the exam.
it's aural training? listen to some classical music and try figure out what the basic chord structure is (and don't be a smart arse and say I V I ) also, try listen to a simple melody and notate it.
Umm... Syllabus? I don't know what AP music theory is.

I will post questions if you tell me what they have to contain.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Some things we covered:

Intervals
Scales
Modes
Cadences
Counterpoint (up to 4:1)
4-part writing (SATB)

I could be missing something
Describe to me an augmented 6th chord and its characteristic role in the Classical period. (From a theoretical perspective, i.e., what usually happens when an augmented 6th chord occurs?)
Quote by Jonny Blaze
Describe to me an augmented 6th chord and its characteristic role in the Classical period. (From a theoretical perspective, i.e., what usually happens when an augmented 6th chord occurs?)

To be honest, I just looked it up.

It's followed my some sort of dominant chord? Can you explain this to me?

We never learned this.
That's pretty much it. What level does the AP music theory test go up to? Is it just like a theory 1 test? At my school there is theory I, theory 2, Adv theory I, and Adv theory 2. I missed your post about what you had covered so far haha. Sorry my bad. Advanced theory I has augmented sixth chords, at least at my school.
Quote by Jonny Blaze
That's pretty much it. What level does the AP music theory test go up to? Is it just like a theory 1 test? At my school there is theory I, theory 2, Adv theory I, and Adv theory 2. I missed your post about what you had covered so far haha. Sorry my bad. Advanced theory I has augmented sixth chords, at least at my school.

Yeah, it didn't go to Augmented 6th chords.

Go look up an old test on collegeboard.com