ive recently discovered this tuning and seen it is used in many celtic songs..which intrigues me because celtic melodies are by far some of the most peaceful and inspiring ive ever heard (along side classical), How do i go about using this tuning...i actually have no idea how i would use this just mess around...i mean no scales would be the same. so should i just mess around with my knowledge and see whats up?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
thats the beauty of using a tuning you usually dont use, ALL the shapes you rely on in standard (or whatever tuning you are in most of the time) are different.

so if you play a lick or shape you expect to sound "this way", its gonna sounds waaaay different.
it forces you to use your ears and just jam.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
write out a chart of the notes found in this tuning, so you can learn the notes along the fretboard like when learning it in standard, now just pick a key and circle all the notes in that key along on the chart, now try forming the diatonic chords from this, but to get the true feeling of this tuning try to see where you can use the oepn strings for each chord voicing, heres a good one you can play G major by using this chord:

D|-0-|
A|-2-|
G|-0-|
D|-0-|
A|-2-|
D|-5-|

the cool thing about this one is that unlike your typical major g major shape that creates GBDGBG, (or GBDGDG depengin on which of the two different open voicings you choose to use) it gives you a perfectly stacked triad GBDGBD, which is not usually the case with standard tuning, even your typical major barre chord spells GDGBDG. I personally think this sounds quite different. also remember it is easy to create a Dmaj chord aswell, however this is the only one I'm gonna give you, you'll need to figure out the rest on your own...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.