ok so my pedal board is almost full, its a small one but currently has a boss TU-3 and a NS-2. theres on more spot on it for for one more boss sized pedal.

im looking for something to use as a boost of some sort. im either thinking an ibanez TS-9 or a boss GE7.

i like the idea of the GE-7 because its versatile, i can set it up for my clean channel or for my lead channel as a solo boost or just to shape my tone slightly to fine tune the tone of the amp.

eventually if i ever get a bigger pedal board i will probably put both in but for now i can only fit one in. so i have to choose
That's a tough call. What amp are you using?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well right now i run a peavey 6534+ through an old mesa cab, and i feel as tho my gain is fine currently, just need a way to get my tone audible through the mix for solos.

also my rhthym tone is more important than my lead tone to me, and i feel as tho my lead tone is fine currently. volume/cut are the biggest thing. right now i have enough cut for my rhythyms but not enough for my lead since me and the other guitarist balance our sound levels perfectly so although you can hear the 2 guitars, solos are a bit hard to hear for us
You'd probably be better served by the EQ then. It'll make a lot bigger tonal difference to your sound than the OD will.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ok, thats what i was thinking. i gonna try to see if i can try them out first tho just to make sure, cuz right now i am verry happy with my currrent tone but its just the solo boost situation is really why id need on, but the eq can prolly do more than that if i wanted/needed it to.