Goddamnit, I asked for some help on amplification systems a few days back and ordered a Bugera 333XL with a cab to go along with with for $850USD plus tax plus shipping which was splendid-- HOWEVER. When I checked on how long my shipping was going to take it said 2-3 months. I immediately said **** that and cancelled it. Now I'm in the market for another half stack and unfortunately I'm going to need to ask for some more help. I honestly feel bad making more than 1 thread but I really don't want to go about buying anything myself due to the lack of experience of owning an amp that costs more than 5 dollars.

I see a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 for 1000 dollars plus the cab. I when I checked on it a week ago it didn't seem like it was in 'perfect condition' and had scratches and dings everywhere but when I asked on the phone they say it is mint. They also say it plays flawlessly.

I also see a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 on craigslist for 1,000 and is clearly in mint condition. I was told it was 2nd hand when I called.

I am also looking at the more expensive, new Marshall 2266 Vintage modern 50W and the Laney GH100L.

I'm hoping to keep it at 1000 or less and really, really looking forward to owning my first half stack. I'd truly appreciate some comments.

Edit: Forgot to add I play Neoclassical/powermetal (Sonata Arctica, Yngwie, Symphony X)
How's about a Peavey 3120/XXX or a 6505/5150, they seem to be dime-a-dozen on sites like craigslist.
Quote by AcousticMirror
so go check out those amps.

i don't understand the problem.

I wanted some criticism on my amp choice, since I do not have much experience with purchasing amps mid-high end. I've also read somewhere on UG that JCM2000s aren't exactly the best amps for my style of play and was hoping to get some insight on that.

@robbo - Yeah, I'm sure. They said it was because they order on my order, so it takes them time to contact Bugera to ship them an amp head, and to get to them and then re-ship it to me. Pretty damn lame.
Last edited by pdxhwa at Apr 14, 2011,
Out of what you have, I'd say the Laney is your best choice, even though it's single channel you can still get some cleans out of it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
2-3 MONTHS, are you sure?

2-3 months is ****ing crazy, Shipping is like...2-3 weeks, maybe 1 month at most.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
2-3 MONTHS, are you sure?

2-3 months is ****ing crazy, Shipping is like...2-3 weeks, maybe 1 month at most.

Nope, even called them and they said 2 months minimum. I know it sounds crazy, and I thought so too, which is why I cancelled. Completely stupid.
Last edited by pdxhwa at Apr 14, 2011,
you have PDX in your name...
Apple, and I think portland music co. Are both bugera retailers... Did you check with shipping with them? just wonderin...
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by evhbrianmay
you have PDX in your name...
Apple, and I think portland music co. Are both bugera retailers... Did you check with shipping with them? just wonderin...

Pdx was a clan tag from back when I used to game a lot standing for ParadoX. Sorry if that confused you.
^ Pipe down, you!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by pdxhwa
Nope, even called them and they said 2 months minimum. I know it sounds crazy, and I thought so too, which is why I cancelled. Completely stupid.

well we kept telling all the neoclassicalmetalprogressive guys to buy them.

so they did.

supply and demand broski. you got to the party late.

$1000? just find a used JSX and cab.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
2-3 months shipping? holy hell... you live on the moon or something?

But for $1k you could find a used XXX or JSX.... or really any number of amazing amps. You have a pretty decent budget.

Unless you're dead set on getting a 412 cab, I'd go with a 212 every time. Cheaper, easier to carry, takes up less space in the van, sounds just as good.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
bugera takes 6 months to ship to india
his shipping time was 1/3 of the shipping time in india,he's lucky imo
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
ahhh so y'aint in portland...
I'm up for building you a pedal.