im thinking of getting the valveking either in the 212 or the head and im wondering what people think of it and if they have any suggestions other than it in the price range
I'd say decent. No clue how much they are now but when I bought my 1x12 there were some other amps I would have rather gotten in the $400 range.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
im in toronto canada and the budget is around or under 700 and i mainly play blues and classic rock but the main band im in plays gard rock/ alt rock (think alter bridge )
ive played a few traynors and the cleans are awesome but the overdrive has very little cruck to it , they just dont seem to have much tone on the overdrive channel
ya valve king isnt thsat great imo for waht you want.

not too sure about which traynor would be good for you but our basist triend a few and they sounded awesome as bass amps so they might work for what you want
IMO as a person who owns it and has played it for quite some time...It is a good versatile amp. Can play go from blues to metal in terms of distortion and the cleans are pretty good too. A little ice picky but I imagine a speaker change/valve replacement could help in that area. I own the 212 and it is completely stock but still very satisfying.
cool yeah cus ive looked in price range and the only options are the valking 212 , the marshall ma 50 and maybe something like the fender deville but the valvekinf seems to be the only one with anything distortion wise. im open to even going up a little in price if it means that the amp will be alot better
Last edited by pageisgodoneart at Apr 14, 2011,
the valveking will technically do the styles you want, distortion wise but i think theres better options for what you want. it is a versatile amp ya and can be modded to hell to make it a farily good amp, but i think theres better options
from what i can tell those are around a grand and ill get 50 watts not 100 and teir cleans arent that great (jcm 2000)
well used ive seen them around 700 or less in the GTA area, theyre just kind of hard to find.

and the difference between 50 and 100 watts is more clean headroom than it is volume.

i didnt really like it cuz i found it a bit too fizzy for metal and didnt like the single EQ
i dunno its a tough choice cus the amp used is more expensive than the valveking new and i dont know if im comfortable buying something without a warranty for that much
Quote by pageisgodoneart
from what i can tell those are around a grand and ill get 50 watts not 100 and teir cleans arent that great (jcm 2000)
I can promise you taht 50 watts will be enough. And the cleans (as well as just about everything else) are far better than the Valveking's.
Quote by pageisgodoneart

You can pick up used DSLs all day long for $500-600.

In fact, they piss me off because they encroach on my searches for old Marshalls since they have "Lead" in the title and are numerous.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The Valveking has pretty decent cleans actually. It can do what you need but there might be better choices. Also, I would not get a 100w 212 combo if I were you. Didn't we do this once before? You've been around. I don't think the MA or the DeVille are good choices either. The Traynor YCV50B with a boost pedal should be about perfect.

set your thread up like this and we can all get to the point more quickly.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

Toronto, $700CAN, hard/alt rock?
I have a Valveking, and I am very satisfied with it.
My only regret is that I opted with the 212 because I could get it for the same price as the 112. It's a little heavy, and I believe that's an understatement.
UG's AC/DC Lover
While I only had a VK for a few days (I was repairing it), I thought It had a decent sound.
Not totally my thing, but it sounded ok to me.
And this is coming from a "Vox only till death" kinda guy.
I could only put up with my VK100 for a month before I curbed it for a 2204.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by al112987
And the cleans (as well as just about everything else) are far better than the Valveking's.

I find that extremely hard to believe. I've played very few amps with cleans I've liked better than the VK's.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I pity you.

Quote by Offworld92
I find that extremely hard to believe. I've played very few amps with cleans I've liked better than the VK's.
No offense but I think that's more telling about the amps that you've played than about the Valveking.
It didn't do it for me. Not mean enough for metal, not creamy enough for blues. What, you play pop punk?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by al112987
No offense but I think that's more telling about the amps that you've played than about the Valveking.

I've played about everything you can find in store. I like the VK a lot more than Fenders or Voxs in the same price range anyway. It probably just has to do with personal preference. Fender Blues Juniors and Blues Deluxes are too bright and twangy for me, and Vox ACs (I think the ones in the similar price range are hybrids, not really sure what's up with that) tend to break up way too early, so that doesn't do it for me, as I actually like my cleans to be clean.

On the other hand, the VK's cleans are really dark, lush and big sounding.

Maybe I just have unpopular taste, or my ears are undeveloped. Though I rather doubt the latter.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X