Seeing as how these kinds of threads will keep being made until UG dies of a massive coronary, I figured I would try and start this thread with my question.
Good idea? We'll see...

First Post:

The Egnater Tweaker; Can it handle Blues, Classic Rock, and Classic Metal well without using any pedals?

I've found a used one for $250, and I'm planning on pouncing if someone ends up buying my stuff on craigslist.
I'll bounce my question as well. I have a Genz Benz El Diablo. Will it be able to handle hard rock/metal well?
Quote by Mohican
I'll bounce my question as well. I have a Genz Benz El Diablo. Will it be able to handle hard rock/metal well?

As far as I know, that's what it was built for
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

From what I can gather Egnaters are pretty much designed to be usable in any genre. I'm pretty sure you'd have to get maybe a fuzz, distortion and an EQ to get all of these styles sounding top notch though.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb
Laney VC15
Cabs:
2x Blackheart 1x12
Guitar:
PRS SE Soapbar II
Pedalboard:
Line 6 M13, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Digitech Synth Wah, Boss SD-1, Biyang OD-8 (Tubescreamer Clone)
Band:
Fixtures <<Click Here
Quote by bingeandletgo
As far as I know, that's what it was built for

Sweet, thanks! Yeah, the reason I got it was because it was offered to me in exchange for my old Fender amp. So, I took it.
If by classic metal you mean early thrash, NWOBHM, and Sabbath, then yes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by SKArface McDank
Seeing as how these kinds of threads will keep being made until UG dies of a massive coronary

says the Feb 2011 'er bringing that coronary all that much closer...

get the tweaker, it does countrypopfolkrapbr00tzdjent just fine.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Bugera V22 for SRV-ish tones? Not exact.. as I don't want to rip his tone.. but if it can get in that ballpark I'm happy.. for the price and from what I've heard in demos it seems like a nice amp all-round for what I want.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
The Tweaker head with some tube swaps and a closed back cab can do classic thrash/ doom type metal.

The El Diablo should be able to do metal with a boost pedal (never played one)

The Bugera V22 should be able to cop some SRV tones with no problem.

TS is this a specific thread for you? If so, I like it and I hope I helped.
OR is this a spam thread for all? If so, I like it and I hope I helped.

Thanks for the help guys! I was already thinking I wanted it, i just needed a few opinions
But this is really meant to be a spam thread haha, this thread contains 3 possible threads already :P
Guess we'll see if it helps cleaning up this forum
I foresee problems, just because genres are so open to interpretation: rock and metal can mean 2 completely different things between 2 different people.

But I guess it would be fine if examples of bands were given.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by guitarpatrick66
Are we allowed to tell people to just go play the amp and find out?

+1, unless they're in an area they can't.

As far as the Tweaker goes, you can get pretty much anything out of it short of ultra deathkilleveryoneinfivemileswithyouropenchords metal.

If you don't want clean headroom that is.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by SKArface McDank
Thanks for the help guys! I was already thinking I wanted it, i just needed a few opinions
But this is really meant to be a spam thread haha, this thread contains 3 possible threads already :P
Guess we'll see if it helps cleaning up this forum

Well, I will say that if people want true amp advice they need to create a thread and follow the stickies. As mentioned there are too many variables and opinions. Otherwise, I think it is cool.
311, you have me so stuck on the Renegade now.

You suck. .
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Well, I will say that if people want true amp advice they need to create a thread and follow the stickies. As mentioned there are too many variables and opinions. Otherwise, I think it is cool.

Well yeah, but eh I figured it would be like the Which pups? Thread, just hopefully not as neglected :P

But yeah most people whop are asking about an amp in the first place usually can't get across town to try it out, so asking is like the first step seeing if it actually might be able to produce the desired tones
Quote by Mohican

yeah, easily. Assuming you like its voicing- it's quite dark. It seems to be one of those love/hate amps, I know a while back HC seemed to hate them nearly more than kranks. But I really liked the one I tried- it was very hard to dial in, once the store owner helped me dial in a good tone (LOL) it actually sounded really good.

EDIT: I haven't tried the tweaker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm, Vox night train, how do these fare in versatility? Ive only ever regarded them as high gain amps. How do they clean up?
And can they handle smokey blues and general classic rock sounds well?

found one for $350 in town
Quote by guitarpatrick66
Will a Dumble be able to get the br00tz?

No you need a 6505 112 combo and a schecktah with teh EMGz.

save up.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the answer to all your questions is no, buy a Dual Rec
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by gregs1020
No you need a 6505 112 combo and a schecktah with teh EMGz.

save up.

no. i wanna get a dumble and run a boss metalzone through it. that will be brootz.