http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

So Pit, what do you think about it? Do you think it will hit us? Do you think it will come again in 2036, after it nears us in 2029?

I personally don't know what to think. If it turns out it's going to hit us, I might as well do a bunch of crazy shit before I die. If it doesn't, big deal.

Discuss.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Well, it says on that page the probability is very small, so I'm not worrying about it.

EDIT: The chances are 1 in 250,000. I feel pretty safe
Last edited by Lost Dog at Apr 14, 2011,
I doubt it will, if it would I have a feeling that more information would be posted a few years prior to its impact
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
Your odds of Earth being hit by an asteroid are better than your odds at winning the lottery. Who would've thought.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
Your odds of Earth being hit by an asteroid are better than your odds at winning the lottery. Who would've thought.

Kinda sad eh?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
inb4 pit astrophysicists.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
If it does then it does, it's not like it's gonna be a slow death for anyone.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It's going to be about 2.5 times the power of krakatoa? So the climate will probably change a decent amount, but no civilization ending (I would think). Also I checked the path of risk and I'm a pretty huge distance away from it
Ehh, it doesn't freak me out too much. I'm sure more precise information will come up about it in the future, I'll decide then. For now, the chances don't seem very high, I'm far from the path of risk, and the effects don't seem too detrimental. If it does hit, I'm sure there will be some impact on the world, but not as fatal as conspiracy theorists who survive 2012 are going to make it out to be.
If I worried about odds like that, I couldn't drive. Or eat any food I hadn't personally boiled for an hour first. Or have sex. Or turn on an electrical device. Or...well, breathe.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
If I worried about odds like that, I couldn't drive. Or eat any food I hadn't personally boiled for an hour first. Or have sex. Or turn on an electrical device. Or...well, breathe.

Your odds of dying from not breathing are MUCH higher than your odds of dying from breathing.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
Your odds of dying from not breathing are MUCH higher than your odds of dying from breathing.

Source?
Quote by blake1221
Source?

trollface.jpg

OT: My bet is that it would land in the pacific. Im right on the coast so Id be ****ed, actually maybe not, im pretty high up in an apartment. Now that I think about it Ill be fine no matter what there are a lot of land masses between me and the pacific.
Quote by blake1221
Source?

Try both for twenty minutes. Then ask me for a source.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread