Dave Grohl sings pretty high, especially the chorus, "the best, the best, the best of you.." Of course it would be a lot easier to sing an octave lower for me as I am a bass-baritone. In fact I could probably sing that song 2 octaves lower. I can sing it in the same octave, but I have to use some falsetto.

How can I sing like that high and still have a full sounding semi screaming voice?
I know most of the time he screams a lot because he's pretty in between baritone and tenor. I probably think for now, don't force it.
You're gonna tire your voice out damn quick if there's a lot of tension around the neck and so forth.
Now you said you're a bass-baritone (I'm a baritone myself) and falsetto is a stylistic thing. For now, use falsetto and sing the song two octaves lower (wherever you feel just fine when singing it). But if you want to sing the song in the long run, you may need to extend your range.

My range is pretty good, but it still needs an extra "oomph", if you get me. Mines is from low F below middle C to a D# or E above High C. Only about 2 and a half octaves...

But best of luck with the song!
Quote by EndStickGuitars
I know most of the time he screams a lot because he's pretty in between baritone and tenor. I probably think for now, don't force it.
You're gonna tire your voice out damn quick if there's a lot of tension around the neck and so forth.
Now you said you're a bass-baritone (I'm a baritone myself) and falsetto is a stylistic thing. For now, use falsetto and sing the song two octaves lower (wherever you feel just fine when singing it). But if you want to sing the song in the long run, you may need to extend your range.

My range is pretty good, but it still needs an extra "oomph", if you get me. Mines is from low F below middle C to a D# or E above High C. Only about 2 and a half octaves...

But best of luck with the song!

my range is g1-g4 in modal voice. Can sing to about A4 with mixed falsetto voice.
You have to be able to hit the G#4 in with full resonance before you can think about adding grit and screaming it like Dave does. Otherwise, you're definitely going to hurt your throat singing it incorrectly.
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy