So basically im in a band were only me and the drummer are committed.
the other guitarist and singer really don't try to get anything done all they do is
ass around.
so what would you in my position?
leave but then be stuck in the situation were you are bandless and maybe loss a friend or two.

or try to start something else with the drummer alone?

any advice would be good right now im pretty pissed and disappointed right now.
Kick them in the nuts.

Repeatedly.

But srsly: Tell them that if they aren't serious, you and the drummer will start looking for people who are.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Something something new amp something.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Twist of fate
Satan commands you to spread the blood of the innocent. Kill them so hard they will die to death

Death is release from mortal skin. Pride yourself in evil. Spread blood on your thorax.
**** em' off, like for real aye otherwise you guys have no chance of making it
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Bandleading forum, brah. You'll get much more better answers there. Maybe not better, but more useful.

And I have the same problem as well. You can confront them and tell them they need to get their together or you and your drummer will go on doing other things without them. What I like to do is show my bandmates something to work toward to, like a gig, or something, and they tend to want to do it because they see worth in doing it. Only do that if they're really worth it. If they're a bunch of hacks, go with the first option.
Toughen the f*ck up and keep going, or find new band mates.

It's hardly rocket science.
Guitar - The true Religion
Last edited by AusMetal33 at Apr 15, 2011,
the best way to get rid of a body is to wrap it in duct tape and chicken wire, then throw the bloated corpses into the ocean.
"It turns out you can just buy phycological validation"-Nathan Explosion

Quote by scaronyourface
So basically im in a band were only me and the drummer are committed.
the other guitarist and singer really don't try to get anything done all they do is
ass around.
so what would you in my position?
leave but then be stuck in the situation were you are bandless and maybe loss a friend or two.

or try to start something else with the drummer alone?

any advice would be good right now im pretty pissed and disappointed right now.

Good communication in a band is vital to its survival. Bring this problem up to your band-mates and discuss solutions for it. If you can't work out something then your band is going to suffer from it.

Even if I was in a band, I would still find other musicians to start projects with. That's what you need to do. You might not stay in this band, so mind your options.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
+1 for talking.

Have you guys sat down and talked about the bands' direction and goals? do they know you want to accomplish some goals with this band?

A good way to get constructive feedback is to start up a meeting and as the question "what do you guys want to do with this band? I, personally, would like to .. etc etc"

don't be hostile, you might be frustrated now, but, in all fairness, they can't read your mind and can't be expected to work towards your goals if they don't know what they are.

Hope this helps!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Two chicks at the same time
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Faux
Don't kill them. Rape one in front of the other so they know who is in charge.

But before you rape them, carve out their eye socket and pee in it.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by DeadRed
the best way to get rid of a body is to wrap it in duct tape and chicken wire, then throw the bloated corpses into the ocean.

1.) Incinerate
2.) Pulverize the bones/teeth fragments into dust.
3.) Mix dusty ashes with Lemonade.
4.) Profit.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.