Hey guys I'm in need of a bit of advice, but before I ask what I'm going to ask, need to give a bit of background.

I'm 18 and through my own testing I found that my vocal range is from low G(third fret of the guitar) to about high E (open 1st string). At this range I can hit all of those note fairly easy. Yet many of the songs I want to play/sing require that I hit a low E/F and since I can't I usually hit the note a octave higher. This doesn't sound as good as I'd like so I'm here for a bit of help.

Are there any specific exercises that can help me expand my lower register? I know they have a thread for this, but I was hoping since this is pretty specific I'd catch a break. Besides, the said thread hasn't been posted in for a few months now and I felt this would get me more exposure.

Also, don't mean to push it, but is it effective to use Guitar Pro for vocal exercises? Any food that would help me get a smoother singing voice? Thanks Guys for the help
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
for now, just play the song a few notes higher. even if you do eventually reach those notes, you probably won't be able to hit them with any real power.
for the record, a night of drinking and smoking tends to bass out my voice a bit, but it also ruins it. i've lost about 4 steps off the high end over the past couple years from it. don't go that rote.
yeah I know it does that, but the problem is that if I raise the notes then I start singing too high for my normal range....thanks for the response though
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

You're more or less stuck with that as your lower note. You can expand your upper range to an extent (Really you don't expand it, you just have enough proper technique to access the top portions) but I've never heard of expanding your lower range.

Look up how to 'fry' a note. Not fry screaming, fry singing. Make a low crackly fry noise and kind of push it into a really low volume sound that resembles a note. It's how they substitute baritones for basses when they don't have enough basses.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
I have little in the way of vocal advice but your avatar just gave me epilepsy

One thing I will say is that I've found my range naturally expanded over time with practice and simply by singing a lot.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
lol, it would even more badass if it were a bit bigger.....*hint hint

yeah, I've heard it does, but I was hoping to get some kind of info on how to accelerate it. You see it's a real pain having to capo the guitar in order to be able to sing the songs in a comfortable range.

Thanks though
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by megano28
yeah I know it does that, but the problem is that if I raise the notes then I start singing too high for my normal range....thanks for the response though

you don't have to go up an octave. if the song requires a low e and you can only hit a g, just transpose the song up 3 half steps. unless you're doing mariah carey songs, you should be able to find a key that you can sing comfortably in.
oops, didn't read your last response. you don't need a capo, just do a little "math". for instance, if the song's in e, and uses e a b and f#m, and you have to play it in g, then it's g c d am.
Quote by brothertupelo
oops, didn't read your last response. you don't need a capo, just do a little "math". for instance, if the song's in e, and uses e a b and f#m, and you have to play it in g, then it's g c d am.

yeah I know that, but I want to be able to hit the lower notes, not just transpose to a key that's comfortable for me
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51