I'm looking for a very good, high quality wah that will last me a long time. My budget is no more than $200. Using a Fender fat strat ( soon to be replaced with an agile al-3000), Marshall class 5, and OCD overdrive.
Im looking for a Slash sound, but dont really want to get the signature because ive heard its not that special. If you own one and think otherwise, let me know why.

I have no experience with wahs and what all their different settings do, and no music store for 2 hours to go to ask help. So which one do i get?
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Crybaby Classic or the Ernie Ball one (if they still make it, I don't know if they do)
Crybaby Classic is marginal improvement on the standard GCB95, clearer and not as harsh, however if you wanted the best tone you probably will want to do a true bypass mod (which isn't all that hard to do if you have basic soldering technique)
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
whats the 535Q like? I would like a wah with a lot of settings so i can mess around with the sound and get the tone i want
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
it depends if you want a classic wah like a dunlop that has a pot and limited sweep, or you want a newer modern wah that is foot activated and has a wider sweep.

Classic style
Dunlop Original Crybaby with Fasel indicator (fixed range/eq) classic wah sound
Dunlop 535Q (contour wah, can be adjusted for EQ) classic/modern sound
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah (classic 60's style) fixed range

Modern
Morley Bad Horsie (foot activated, wide sweep)
Morley Bad Horsie 2 (basically a bad horsie 1 with an added contour switch)
Ibanez Weeping Demon/JR (foot or switch activated with vol/contour switches, also can be used for bass)

those are the ones that I have played and have experience with. Everyone likes their wah to sound different so the best advice I can give is go to a store and trey them all out and see which one you like best.

Personally, I like the Bad Horsie 2 the best, it has a wide sweep and is foot activated, plus the extra option to use the expanded EQ with the contour switch.

but for an all around great wah that is the most versatile, I would go with the Weeping demon. So many options in regards to tone shaping and operation.

But at the end of the day, you can go wrong with an old school Dunlop Crybaby or 535Q.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Yeah I think I want a more classic sound so i would probably go for a Dunlop. But I don't want to cheap out, so Im gonna go for a versatile, high quality, slashy wah . Which Dunlop then?
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
also look at vox wahs. some like those better. the 535q is very versetile if you ask me. personally, i took the cheapest crybaby i could find at a local pawn shop, modded it, and now it fits my taste perfectly. trust me there is nothing like taking an hour or two to make a few small changes to a wah to make it sound like you want.
Quote by fender--player1
whats the 535Q like? I would like a wah with a lot of settings so i can mess around with the sound and get the tone i want

my dimebag wah is basicaaly a 535q with camo paint....grip tape....and an extra knob. i can easily say its amazingly versatile and has a huge sweep range, larger then any other wah i tried (Zw wah, slash, jimi, kirk). and it has a nice db booster. i say go for one of those
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'd get a CAE MC-404 over the 535Q tbh. More versatile and sounds better (IMO) than the 535Q.
Quote by malmsteensolo
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95. I got it on sale at Guitar Center for $75.

That's more than they normally retail for.

TS, I'd pick up a used Teese RMC3. It's the last wah you'll ever need as long as you don't use it for death metal.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by fender--player1
Yeah I think I want a more classic sound so i would probably go for a Dunlop. But I don't want to cheap out, so Im gonna go for a versatile, high quality, slashy wah . Which Dunlop then?

I would go with the 535Q with a Fasel indicator, classic sound and style with the ability to shape the tone how you want it. Those are under $200, in fact, I have yet to see a wah that is over $150 tops.

If you want that Slash tone, Slash has a Signature Dunlop Wah that came out last year. However, I believe Slash used a Dunlop Classic Wah with Fasel indicator for most of his career.

As far a quality, anything from Vox, Dunlop, Ibanez or Morley are all high quality and will last a lifetime if you take care of it.

One thing to note though, is that wahs with a pot in them (like a Crybaby or one of the classic types) after a while, depending how much you use it, the pot will wear out and you will have to get it cleaned and replaced. With switch-less wahs you don't have to worry about that because there are no pots or gears to wear out.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.