Page 1 of 2
Hi, everyone!
I saw a thread like this on another forum and thought I'd see what the twisted minds of the Pit would come up with. It's a game where you go to the Superpower Wiki, click on random article, and are assigned the first 3 powers you get (no cheating!) You have to come up with uses for them (preferably without copying from the article), and then think of ways to use them in combination with each other. The results of the other thread got pretty hilarious. Here's mine (note: yours don't have to be anywhere near this detailed, but I'd like to see what you come up with if you can pull it off.)

1. Electric manipulation
USES:
Offensive: Shoot/redirect/call down lightning, shut down the human body's electrical field for an instant kill, summon sharks and any other ocean-dwelling predators sensitive to changes in current by simulating a thrashing seal, create instant electromagnets to disarm enemies by pinning their guns to to things, pin enemies to things... the list goes on.
Defensive: Electromagnetic shield - bulletproof, swordproof, etc.
Good: Walking defibrilator, walking generator, possibly power hospitals in the event of a blackout.
Neutral: Modify the firing of neurons in my own brain for a temporary boost in intelligence, reaction time, etc., walking lie detector.
Evil: Shut down the human body's electrical current for an instant kill, absorb power from city and hold it for ransom, assassinate anyone within reasonable distance of a wall socket.

2. Mind Control
USES:
Offensive: "Kill yourself", "Kill him", et. al.
Defensive: "I'm not the target you're looking for", see offensive.
Good: None, really.
Neutral: None
Evil: A permanent end to accountability and the capacity to force anyone to obey me.

3. Deoxygenation
USES:
Offensive: remove the oxygen from the area surrounding and including an enemy's lungs, killing him instantly. Alternately, disable limbs by creating an oxygen-free field within the limb that prevents oxygenated blood from reaching the area. Instantly generate a room full of carbon monoxide wherever I like and be able to kill whoever I want in full view of the public while making it look like they just fell asleep.
Defensive: Immunity to fire and water based attacks - snuff out the first and turn the second into gas.
Good: Generate massive quantities of hydrogen, resulting in incredible advances in fuel cell technology and usage. Prevent an embolism by removing the oxygen before it reaches the brain. World's best firefighter.
Neutral: Generate massive quantities of hydrogen in a large enough item attached to me to generate lift, then manipulate the density of the air around me to control direction, essentially giving me a jetpack.
Evil: Remove the oxygen from human blood for an instant aneurism, slowly eat away at the world's water supply until they cave to my demands.

Now for the fun part: Combos!

First idea:
Step 1: Apply mind control to large group of unwilling minions and have them march on my enemies.
Step 2: Separate the hydrogen and oxygen within their blood, causing both to bubble out.
Step 3: Using their own electrical currents, spark the hydrogen.
Step 4: Kaboom.

Second idea: Raise an army of flying sharks!

Third idea: Combine the previous combos, resulting in an army of mind controlled flying shark suicide bombers.

Fourth idea: Combine 1 and 3: Shoot fireballs, or more impressively, generate columns of flame.

Last time I checked, this would be more than enough to classify me as a god by most definitions. Awesome!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
1.) Induced liquefacation. I can touch a person and melt them.

2.) Aura projection. I'll create a copy of myself as a decoy.

3.) Omniscience. I have all the knowledge.

I'm not that detailed.
STಠ_ಠ
1. Knowledge Replication
2. Comic Awareness
3. Dream Manipulation

Will edit with more info.

But I sound like quite the supervillian.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
1) Pathokinesis
2) Dehydration (lol)
3) Material manipulation (Wow dang, if you really can manipulate objects in and out of existence with this one I supposes you can really do anything)
Quote by cjmabry
Bahahahaha. Can I sig that?

Quote by Kurt Vonnegut
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
Prehensile Tongue
Paralysis Inducement
Death Inducement

First, I paralyze women. Then i use my tongue... to do... i don't know... slap them in the face. Repeatedly. Then they die. Unless they make me a sandwich after I remove the paralysis. Then they die.
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6
1. Vector Manipulation - pretend it's telekinesis.
2. Mental Constructs - whine about having crap powers, then whacking others with my mind sword and make them feel worse than me.
3. Animation - make my drawings come to life and have them kill me for having crap powers.

All in all, those would be cool powers.
Anatomical Liberation - Remove my limbs and have them float about. Not quite telekeniesis, but if I did this at the same time repeatedly, could I fly? A swarm of limbs type thing?

Possession - I take controll of people. They have to be toutching a man made raw material - such as metal, plastic, synthetic clothign ect. (I like that imitation :P )

Aquatic Respiration - I take this comes with the ability to not have my earas messed up to bad?

This would be so cool

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
1: Surf
2: Ice Beam
3: Body Slam
4: Earthquake
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Apr 15, 2011,
Enhanced jump, Invisibility, and Light Manipulation.

Oh man, I'd be a master assassin. Invisibility to get close to the target, create a blinding flash of light, strike, then leap away across the rooftops.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
blinding flash.

entity0009 used flash.

Now we can get through the cave!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
entity0009 used flash.

Now we can get through the cave!

🙈 🙉 🙊
I think I win. The first page I got was the list of all the supernatural powers on the wiki

I did it again just to be fair though. I got;
Nerve manipulation
Reanimation
Psychokinesis

So I could resurrect a legion of zombies, cause them immeasurable pain just by thought, then throw them at people with my mind.
Quote by littlephil
I think I win. The first page I got was the list of all the supernatural powers on the wiki

I did it again just to be fair though. I got;
Nerve manipulation
Reanimation
Psychokinesis

So I could resurrect a legion of zombies, cause them immeasurable pain just by thought, then throw them at people with my mind.

You mean like the democrats?
1.Reanimation:To reanimate empty vessels of the undead.

2.Bone(r?) Manipulation:Osteokenesis, or better known as Bone(r?) Manipulation, is the power over one's bone(r)s to generate and(or) control one's bone(r)s.

3.Plant Mimicry:The power in which one’s take on plant-like physiology and behavior. Also known as Botanical Mimicry or Agrophysiology.

No.1 is awesome,the others are f***ing gay...

"Battle not with monsters,
lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you
."

I thought it'd be pretty boring to just read through everything, so I underlined the ones that I thought were IMO ticklish.

1) Illusion Manipulation
  • Cast an illusion on the people in the surrounding, and then do whatever I want
  • Make people turn on one another

2) Avian Mimicry (I was pretty pissed about this, but on second thoughts this is really cool.)
  • Fly
  • Look very far away with my eagle eyes
  • Create some kind of tornado like Pidgeot
  • Turn my eyes bird-like to freak people out
  • Turn my hands into wings so I'll be the first flying human

3) Puppet Mastery (This I'm pretty pissed with.)
  • Trip people over with my puppet wires
  • Ranged weapons, baby!
  • Work for some kind of organization to eliminate people

4) Combinations
  • Avian Mimicry + Illusion Manipulation = HALP MANY BIRDS
  • Puppet Mastery + Illusion Mastery = HALP MANY PUPPETS
  • Avian Mimicry + Puppet Mastery = Control puppets with the best vantage points ever

I cut out some risque stuff.

Edit: I finally read through the first post and it seems I'm not trying hard enough.
Last edited by triface at Apr 15, 2011,
Mediumship
I can enter the spirit world and talk with the dead. Summon ghosts and shit.

Tracking Evasion
Ghost Pro perk. And I don't leave traces behind.

Adoptive muscle memory
I only need to observe a movement once and I automatically learn it. I shall watch lots of UFC matches, TNA, action movies, parkour vids, FPSrussia and shit like that.

In addition I consider myself physically stronger than average. The last two abilities are quite the
awesomesauce for killing and the first ability allows me to do interogations after the kill. Profit guaranteed.

THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at Apr 15, 2011,
1. Silk generation - I can fly like spiderman! And I will be able to like grab stuff from far away!
2. Plant Mimicry -
  • The power in which one’s take on plant-like physiology and behavior. Also known as Botanical Mimicry or Agrophysiology.
    "Flower Wreath" Purifies any toxins, viruses and malice within the target.

3. Power Augmentation - The ability to greatly strengthen all powers and abilities. Also known as Supercharging.
  • Enhance performance of subject. Tune up techniques acquired by subject. Enhance humans Empower young mutants

I probably did this the wrong way, but Silk Generation and Power Augmentation is teh shitz0rz
Last edited by BlacksailsTippa at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
1. Silk generation - I can fly like spiderman! And I will be able to like grab stuff from far away!

Or you can mess up the silk market by increasing the supply so much.
Reptilian Mimicry:

The mutative power in which one takes on lizard-like physiology and behavior.

Multiply

The ability to multiply an object or person.

Danger Intuition

The precognitive power to detect impending threats or hostilities.

**** yeah, a swarm of Lizards that know you're there before you are. Got no chance playa
1. Mendacity detection: ability to detect lies. Fairly self explanatory tbh
2. Portal creation. AAAH YYYEEEAH... bank robbing, foiling evil plots, firing people off cliffs... this one is awesome!
3. Gliding: nice, glide off buildings! Imma pwn.

I would be "judgement".
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Time manipulation- I've already kicked your collective ass

Adoptive muscle memory- icing on my chrono cake

reanimation- God i'm a badass

I'll bring back legions of the dead, memorise insaneo karate moves, become awesome at guitar (just to add to your humiliation) and if i lose i'll go back in time and kick your ass anyway.
Platform creation. Useful.
Memory manipulation makes me really feel like one hell of a boss now. You know.
Life-Force generation. Am I God now?
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
1. Adoptive muscle memory. I can do anything I see.
2. Perspicuity. Immune to psychic powers, such as mindcontrol.
3. Evocation. I can "connect with my ancestors", getting access to their skills or something? Don't really get it, so I'm choosing a new one. That's right, I'm breaking the rules and you can't stop me, cause I'm immune to mindcontrol!
4. Enhanced marksmanship. Become a human aimbot, getting headshots at guys normal people couldn't even see.

Ideas:
Step 1: Watch Matrix, Rambo, The Expendables, a Guthrie Govan show and a lot of Bruce Lee movies and learn all the moves with my overpowered Adopted Muscle Memory.
Step 2: Rob a gunstore getting a machine gun and lots of ammo. Also find a bullet made of glass, or rock.
Step 3: Annihilate TS army of flying sharks with my overpowered Marksmanship skills, while watching his mindcontrol be rendered useless by my Perspicuity.
Step 4: Use my Bullet of Electromagnetic Field Impaling, aka the glass bullet, to put an end to TS reign of chaos.
Step 5: Profit.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Adoptive Muscle Memory
Watch Bruce Lee movies for a week then kick ass.
Or become a sniper and shoot you from 5 miles away.

Blood Manipulation
Stop blood from flowing, or increase blood flow. Could be messy.
You're fucked

Nail Manipulation
I'm Wolverine

Edit:
Damnit......I just missed the perfect superpower. One more time and I would have.....
Cartoon Physics

Edit2: Combination powers.....hmmm...
Blood Manipulation + Nail Manipulation: Slice you and stop you from bleeding. Good for torture.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by CodeMonk
Adoptive Muscle Memory
Edit:
Damnit......I just missed the perfect superpower. One more time and I would have.....
Cartoon Physics

One more time and I would have gotten Omnipotence, the ability in which one encompasses all superpowers...known users: God (among others)..
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Quote by Muffinz
One more time and I would have gotten Omnipotence, the ability in which one encompasses all superpowers...known users: God (among others)..

I clicked a few more times and found one that would allow me to take that power from you
1. Dimensional Storage
Would mean if I ever needed to carry anything I could just store it in another dimension til I was at my destination and recall it. Perfect for getting my stuff to gigs or going on holiday - no waiting at baggage claim!

2. Retrocognition
I could see the past of objects and people, would make me a perfect homicide detective (or a more effective lie detector test for The Jeremy Kyle Show).

3. Water Manipulation
This would be the one I could have most fun with. I could stop it from raining whenever I'm outside, or make it rain specifically on people that have wronged me. Practically, I could use to to prevent natural disasters, or at least lessen their impact.

Not a bad set of powers, pretty varied
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
1) Mediumship.

I can talk to the dead, it's almost like the start of a crappy homicide detective show

2) Air manipulation.

So basically i can control the air. I can fly, can create barriers, deflect stuff. The possibilities are limitless (well, limited by the air)

3) Gliding.

That is shit since i've already got air manipulation. I'm gonna re-roll that one since i'm saying it's a byproduct of my second power.

3-Re-Roll) Induced Sedation.

I can stop people's motor functions but not their neural functions. Basically hold them in place.

Now that's what Villians do surely. Sounds like i'd be working for the greater bad.
I shall be called "CRAIG! THE TALKER OF THE DEAD!", and shall wreak havoc from shore to shore. But no further because i don't like water, *hint hint*.
Quote by Mudmen190
Technology Manipulation
Prehensile Hair
Claw Retraction

Could be worse?

Dunno man, it doesn't say you actually have claws. You could have a completely benign power
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
1: Omnipotence
I am your new God. I am the new Alpha and Omega. Nuff said.

2: Enhanced Jump
I can also jump really high...like...up to space.

3: Multiply
I can do a Doc Manhattan and have a threeway with my missus without having another man present.

I think I just became the most awesome superhero of all time.
Thusly ill re-roll for funsies.

1: Necromancy
2: Primal-Rage Evocation.
3: Enhanced Reflexes

Not only can I make your favourite dead relative come back to life, I can turn them into a screeching, slobbering zombie who wants to feast on your entrails. If said zombie happens to turn on me I have lightning fast reflexes and can dodge and destroy the bastard before he has a chance. Didnt do so badly this time either.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Last edited by Zolom at Apr 15, 2011,
1. Enhanced Marksmanship

2. Life-Force Manipulation...that sounds pretty damn awesome dude

3. Animal Mimicry (i.e. 'doggy style' all the way) actually quite lame.

But that n°2 makes me a god by all accounts. yippee!
Quote by Breyd
1.Reanimation:To reanimate empty vessels of the undead.

2.Bone(r?) Manipulation:Osteokenesis, or better known as Bone(r?) Manipulation, is the power over one's bone(r)s to generate and(or) control one's bone(r)s.

3.Plant Mimicry:The power in which one’s take on plant-like physiology and behavior. Also known as Botanical Mimicry or Agrophysiology.

No.1 is awesome,the others are f***ing gay...

Are you kidding? You can heal any broken bones, including the inevitable decay of your undead minions. Also, outfit them with spikes, and other weapons, make them hard enough to be bulletproof, etc. Meanwhile, thanks to the plant thing, you don't have to eat, can camouflage yourself instantly, and can essentially clone yourself by grafting your DNA into any existing being, which is made even easier by the fact that you can get directly into their bone marrow. So, you can have an army of undead indestructible clones that are covered in blades running around and can devote your time to managing said army 24/7 without having to pause for eating, sleeping, etc.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Page 1 of 2