Working on fingerpicking........ are there any easy/intermediate fingerpicking songs that are good for practise? Please post.

Also you know how the Thumb is for the 6, 5 and 4 strings, Index: 3, Middle: 2, Ring: 1

Lets say there are multiple notes on the 2nd string... should i only use the ring finger?
or what is the correct technique?

Thanks
Quote by MaddMann274
Working on fingerpicking........ are there any easy/intermediate fingerpicking songs that are good for practise? Please post.

Also you know how the Thumb is for the 6, 5 and 4 strings, Index: 3, Middle: 2, Ring: 1

Lets say there are multiple notes on the 2nd string... should i only use the ring finger?
or what is the correct technique?

Thanks

I'd recommend Blackbird by the Beatles as its fairly easy just takes a while to master and yes you should only use the ring finger, furthermore those finger guidelines aren't set in stone just use what ever feels the most comfortable for you
If it's easier or more comfortable for you to alternate fingers I'd recommend doing so. It's not a big deal if you use the same finger to repeatedly pluck a string in slower passages, but if you're playing somewhat quickly you'll probably find that using two or more fingers is more effective.

Which finger goes to which string is definitely a guideline moreso than a hard and fast rule.

If you're a fan of Chrono Cross there's a few guitar parts that are fairly simple. Time's Scar, Dimension Break, and Radical Dreamers come to mind. As your finger independence improves you could look at a solo arrangement of Radical Dreamers; kabukibear has a nice arrangement on gametabs, I don't know if there are any good arrangements here.
Quote by Nightfyre
If it's easier or more comfortable for you to alternate fingers I'd recommend doing so. It's not a big deal if you use the same finger to repeatedly pluck a string in slower passages, but if you're playing somewhat quickly you'll probably find that using two or more fingers is more effective.

If you're somehow not sure what that means, it means playing like a bassist; alternating your index and middle fingers.

Quote by vayne92
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Do it!

This!

I learned Nothing Else Matters when just starting out finger picking. It took some time to get used to it, but after awhile it's really easy. In the process of remembering how to play the song, you will improve your finger picking, obviously.
Last edited by triface at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by vayne92
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Do it!

I can already play that

Ok, I think I got the idea, so I am just gonna practise the songs you guys suggested and some other stuff.

Thanks 4 ya help
Minuet in G by Bach. You can also learn fast car by Tracy Chapman really easy and sounds great. I cant think at the moment ill post some more when they come to me.