Hey i am looking to buy a new 6 string electric, iv been looking at fender Standard Telecasters for around 380-400 pound mark and PRS SE singlecuts that are around 450 pound.
Iv played a squire stratocaster for years now n i love the thing but its about time i treated myself to something a lil nicer.

Basically im after knowing which of these would be best for a combination of lead & rhythm with the best bluesy tone ? Also what are the pros & cons of both because im rly struggling to decide lol.

Thanks - Newt
Last edited by jjnewton211 at Apr 15, 2011,
I would go with the PRS SE. I am assuming you want one with humbuckers? The telecaster might be a little too twangy and thin for a deep rumbling blues tone. Can you play one of each before you decide? Comforts a big issue as well but I would get the PRS
Yea im going to play both, i have played an SE Santana before n loved it. I guess aswell i was thinking that telecasters are a very popular choice n that there must be a reason for that .
Like you said going with the PRS would give me humbuckers n thats a plus point considering my squire has single coils.
Yea they are gorgeous looking guitars. im a lil worried about getting used to the smaller scale and the wider neck.
the prs has the wider neck and flatter radius, some people find that easier to play.

both can do what you want imo, tele's are great blues guitars.

the just have a different tone/feel than bucker guitars, it's preference there really.
yea thats why im warming towards the PRS atm iv got my strat for that kinda tone.
Another thing is if i went for the telecaster i could only afford a standard one. there much much cheaper than the american standard ones. why is this ?
Quote by jjnewton211
Hey i am looking to buy a new 6 string electric, iv been looking at fender Standard Telecasters for around 380-400 pound mark and PRS SE singlecuts that are around 450 pound.
Iv played a squire stratocaster for years now n i love the thing but its about time i treated myself to something a lil nicer.

Basically im after knowing which of these would be best for a combination of lead & rhythm with the best bluesy tone ? Also what are the pros & cons of both because im rly struggling to decide lol.

Thanks - Newt

I love how the PRS SE looks but the tele has a very distinct sound.

If you got a tele you would sound alot closer to the original blues player sounds. It also sounds amazing distorted and in rhythm.

All around the tele is a good deal.

I've never heard a single cut but the custom 24 se, the sound isnt all that impressive. Its not bad, its just not really special.

Given a choice i'd buy a strat over both. If it had to be one of them id probably go tele
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Thanks for all the help! im gona go and spend hours in my local music shop n play both. u can get the cheaper standards in butterscotch blonde right??
So if i was to go for the telecster, what would my best option be for my 400 pound budget?
since you have a strat, then the prs.

american special tele's are how much by you? they don't come in blonde but are a good deal new for the price. the mexi's are hit and miss imo.
what about anHH tele? they sound slightly thicker than teles but still nice and bright
PRS. easy. definitely beats a low end fender. hell, i like em so much if i upgraded one i would take it over an american fender. sexy guitars. they completely remedy the big clunky les paul issues. those things are thinner, lighter, contoured, and streamlined.

imo every single cut should be just like that.
PRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRSPRS

oh btw, i think prs is a good choice
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
I have an american ash strat that I have played forever...love it and get a great tone...people ask me about my sound all the time.

So...I just bought a PRS SE custom as a second guitar...and it's AWESOME! The first night I played out with it...our other guitarist, who loves my strat tone, told me my tone was even better yet with the PRS. They're awesome guitars...set up nice...and they play crazy fast! I had to purposely slow down on a few songs because the guitar was getting away from me after being used to the neck on my Strat.

Had a tele, a doublecut thinline tele, epi les paul... and I like the PRS the best...cant say I'd trade my american strat for it...but can't say I wouldn't yet either... they're awesome guitars.

PRS - you'll love it
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Go for the PRS!
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
I got an SE Singlecut a month ago and I LOVE it, never played the Tele but I can definitely say the PRS is a good guitar overall. It would fit in well with your Blues playing too.

Oh, and if you want to save about 50 quid, you can order a Singlecut from Digital Village, they deliver by courier and I've never had a problem with them, and the Singlecuts are £400 there.

http://www.dv247.com/

EDIT: Seems I can only find the Gray Black version there at the moment, can't find the others for some reason.
Last edited by Firewhisper at Apr 16, 2011,
Cheers for all the help guys, iv decided on a Prs se singlecut in tobacco sunburst. spent hours playing one in Manchester the other day. didnt want to put it down.
Also played a standard telecaster n the neck just didnt seem as smooth.
excellent decision. I spent 10 minutes with one last year, instantly fell in love with it and bought one. The wider necks just feel fantastic, especially for me since I also play bass.