This summer I want to build a 2x12 cab with my friend that has experience with woodworking. I currently have a Mesa 2x12 so I want it to be the same width and depth so I can stack them neatly. Now I can measure that on my own, but I want to have the speakers offset (i.e. one speaker a little higher than the other) like Emperor and some other companies (Orange?) do. How would I figure out what height to make it while keeping the depth and width of the Mesa? thanks

Also, where can I buy wood for this (13ply Birch plywood I guess)?
i could be wrong but i thought the only reason they offset the speakers was so they could make the cab less wide. i don't know of any other advantages by doing this so i'd just do it the standard way.
Quote by adambauman31
i could be wrong but i thought the only reason they offset the speakers was so they could make the cab less wide. i don't know of any other advantages by doing this so i'd just do it the standard way.

I think it looks cool tbh. if it really isn't practical I won't do it, but I think it would be cool to do.
The offset speakers are just for cab size, personally I think the offset speakers look odd.
If you really want that, you could just go to a local music store and ask them if you could measure, if not give them some money or something.
..I was watching my death.