Page 1 of 3
If you're interested in someone (whether in a romantic sense or purely sexually) and find that they have a very cluttered room, does it gauge as a turn off for you?

personally I like it; I'd be more freaked out by a consistently prim and tidy room - then again I am a really cluttered person when it comes to my own space so I might be biased So long as the room isn't messy to the point of being dirty/unhealthy/disgusting.

edit: I think we would all be turned off by smelly rooms, so disregard that as part of the question I just mean cluttered or messy, so... clothes on the ground, books everywhere, irrelevant shit on the tables, etc
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Apr 15, 2011,
Interesting question. Most girls I've known have been infinitely tidier than me, so it hasn't really come up.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Greenie_777
Cluttered, no.

Stinky and dirty, yes.

This.

My room is ridiculously messy, stuff piled up everywhere it shouldn't be piled up...but I keep it clean and at least hygienic. Perfectly tidy and arranged rooms make me nervous.
I once knew a girl (far from attractive, thank fuck) who kept the underwear she was wearing the night she lost her virginity in a drawer next to her bed. Not washed. That was one of the least disgusting things in there. Seriously, some people need to sort shit out
Quote by frankv
It'd be a bit hypocritical of you to be, what with the evidence for your messy room (thanks, will-kun ).

yep I'm certainly not bluffing that's actually what led me to the thought process that made this thread hahaha. Messy room picture in my profile too.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Damn i was about to say, pics or its not true
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
I am the messiest person on earth. I'm sure if my boyfriend was made aware of this early on we wouldn't be going out.
I've also managed to mess up his bedroom, just leaving stuff on the floor. I can't help it. I'm terribly lazy
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Oh boy I hope not.

Quote by Domino
I am the messiest person on earth. I'm sure if my boyfriend was made aware of this early on we wouldn't be going out.
I've also managed to mess up his bedroom, just leaving stuff on the floor. I can't help it. I'm terribly lazy
;D
Quote by HowToFly
Damn i was about to say, pics or its not true

lol well while it's relevant...

from that female fashion poll thread:

and from my profile:

and these are examples that were already on UG

edit: okay the pizza box on the floor in the first one is kind of embarrassing
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Well I'm a guy so I don't get turned off that easy but a smelly chick is just instant turn-off
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Apr 15, 2011,
I'm trying to appreciate being messy for the next 10 weeks because when I get in the army it wont be tolerated.

Check out how neat your locker has to be. Not enough hours in the day for that.

Quote by Greenie_777
I'm trying to appreciate being messy for the next 10 weeks because when I get in the army it wont be tolerated.

Check out how neat your locker has to be. Not enough hours in the day for that.

See, if someone kept their room like that willingly I'd be a bit terrified. I dated a really neat/prim guy like that (shoes arranged and all, kid you not) and I love the boy to death but damn is it uncomfortable staying there. And he was always snippy about where I left my clothes if I was spending the night or where I put my bag and stuff.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
See, if someone kept their room like that willingly I'd be a bit terrified. I dated a really neat/prim guy like that (shoes arranged and all, kid you not) and I love the boy to death but damn is it uncomfortable staying there. And he was always snippy about where I left my clothes if I was spending the night or where I put my bag and stuff.

There are two reasons for that:

1) He's got OCD, or

2) He's so far in the closet he's finding last year's Christmas sweater.
Hi, I'm Peter
My room is messy as all hell, so I don't mind it in the least. Makes it feel like home.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Dirk Gently
There are two reasons for that:

1) He's got OCD, or

2) He's so far in the closet he's finding last year's Christmas sweater.

Definitely the first one; he's just really anal. Again, I adore the guy and we're still the best of friends but he knows very well that he's pretty stringent about that shit haha.

Funny coincidence though, I did date a guy for a while who turned out to be gay and he was so overwhelmed by messy rooms that he'd have anxiety attacks and throw all his shit out the window... I pick them well, obviously.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
he's just really anal.

Sure it's not the 2nd one? They say you are what you...nevermind
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by MakinLattes
nope. my room should probably be roped off to alert people. unless someone has stuff rotting in there, I don't mind.

^This. A million times, this. My room is pretty much trashed, but I don't really qualify it as "dirty". Its mostly clothes that I don't feel like washing/putting up because I rarely wear them, and unopened cans, with a few boxes and pieces of styrofoam from when I got a new bed that I still haven't found the motivation to break down and throw out.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by Dirk Gently

hey hey hey I thought that just fell under the term kinky?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Dirk Gently

I considered that joke but I thought it was a bit cheap.
Quote by vintage x metal
Definitely the first one; he's just really anal. Again, I adore the guy and we're still the best of friends but he knows very well that he's pretty stringent about that shit haha.

Funny coincidence though, I did date a guy for a while who turned out to be gay and he was so overwhelmed by messy rooms that he'd have anxiety attacks and throw all his shit out the window... I pick them well, obviously.

I have the most hilarious image in my head right now, thanks for that.
My room is super messy and has been that way for the last 8 years (which is when we moved into the apartment I live in now) so I'm used to messes. Sometimes when I go to friends' houses it's nice to be able to walk around a room without falling over things, but I don't think I'd be able to live there because 1) I'd get yelled at for being messy and 2) messes are more comfortable and slouchy

What's odd is that every few months I go on a cleaning expedition and sort everything out into piles, but then I never get around to putting it away and it gets strewn around everywhere again and I still enjoy doing this. Maybe I just like the act of cleaning

But messes are more fun, every day is like an adventure. Today I found a ceramic duck I made in 2nd grade under a chair so I repainted it

so no, I definitely would not mind if a guy I was dating was messy
cat
Quote by Greenie_777
I considered that joke but I thought it was a bit cheap.

When it comes to humor, I have very little shame.
Hi, I'm Peter
I'm OCD. Everything I own has a place, and everything is at right angles to each other.

Messy rooms are a turn off. However, my wife is a "need clutter" person... so I'm getting better about not screaming.

The locker in the army picture looks like my desk/my side of the closet/my side of the bedroom/everything I am allowed to organize.
Turn on to a certain extent. Turn off if it's stinky/I can't even walk in it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by guitarxo
What's odd is that every few months I go on a cleaning expedition and sort everything out into piles, but then I never get around to putting it away and it gets strewn around everywhere again and I still enjoy doing this. Maybe I just like the act of cleaning

I do the same thing, it's fun to binge clean sometimes. I love getting baked and going on cleaning sprees haha
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I do the same thing, it's fun to binge clean sometimes. I love getting baked and going on cleaning sprees haha

ahhh I do the same thing when high too
And I'm so anal about it then too, I put all my papers in chronological order and I sort all my clothes out by color but then I revert back to my don't give a fuck ways later
cat
Quote by vintage x metal

definitely thought you said "naked" instead of "baked" and was srs confuzzled for a minute.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
^^^ edit- honestly that wouldn't be uncharacteristic at all

Quote by guitarxo
ahhh I do the same thing when high too
And I'm so anal about it then too, I put all my papers in chronological order and I sort all my clothes out by color but then I revert back to my don't give a fuck ways later

yeah I'm the exact same way! except I have a lot of failage when I smoke with the intention to clean my room and end up dancing around to music or watching youtube videos and eating too many baby carrots instead I have to feel compelled to clean inherently or shit just will not get done... however, if it does get done, it is thorough as all hell
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Yeah I binge clean too every now and then. There's a certain threshold of messiness where I just get fed up with it. I'm usually very disorganized and there's a bunch of stuff on the floor in my room atm so it'd be kind of hypocritical for me to be turned off by a girl's messy room.
Quote by barden1069
definitely thought you said "naked" instead of "baked" and was srs confuzzled for a minute.

Some people have different definitions of foreplay.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some people have different definitions of foreplay.

We're in the bathroom, brushing our teeth. That's all part of the foreplay. I love foreplay. Then you sort out the recycling. It's all very important.
Page 1 of 3