Hi! I have recorded two songs from the Erotic Cakes album. Waves and Wonderful Slippery Thing. Would love some feedback.
Click me!
Wow! great work man! I hope to be able to play Waves one day (especially the part 3 minutes in). Hope you do some more.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
i went in thinking it was going to be somebody butchering the songs but i was pretty surprised, good job man. i like waves, the distortion(in both songs) sounds a little too muffled. maybe mess with your tone or switch pups position(bridge/treble). all in all your playing is really good
Nice man, how long have you been playing?

Edit: also what did you used to get that clean tone? its pretty close to his tone.
Last edited by M!TCH at Apr 15, 2011,
good stuffs bro!
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Cheers guys. I really appreciate it! Been playing for about 5-6 years.
I used guitar rig 4, just some standard presets. I think the gain preset was Eric Johnson - something. I'm not quite sure about the clean tone.
I might do Fives when I get home from my easter break
Once again, thanks a lot guys!
I really, really liked that one LowBstring! I need to learn some of that stuff! Sounded great
I've been playing for 5-6 years
I really loved that video! Great playing, and really, really great singing! I posted a comment on youtube
DANG!
That was great job man! Im currently trying to learn Waves. Its be a challenge but its been fun, and you nailed it.
And at 1:27ish on slippery great job nailing that tapping part.

One thing, thought it was mention, tone was a bit muffed.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Hi
Thanks a lot. I have to admit though, I'm not playing the tapping lick on WST like Guthrie do.
I had to find something else that works, which is a tapping lick that I use quite a lot.

I'll try to play around with the tone settings the next time I record something like this. I'm thinking about doing Fives
I really love it! especially Waves.. you've got such a nice sound. Could please share your backing track to Waves with me?
Thanks a lot guys. It`s getting quite obvious that I should take time to change the settings in Guitar Rig next time I`m doing something like this. About the backing track, I would highly suggest that you go to bluesjamtracks.com and purchases it. It`s a bundle with all of the backing tracks and lead sheets to all of the Erotic Cakes tracks. I`m not trying to be a douche but I kind of want other people to suppert Guthrie. Hope you understand

Once again, cheers guys. I really appreciate the feedback
Quote by akack
excellent playing on waves, ive been trying to learn that song for ages. the distortion is way too muddy though, id eq my tone a bit better, its not very well defined. how did you record this?

crit:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432465?

Cheers Akack I really like your vocals!
I wish you did a recording inside though. It's a bit noisy sometimes. Other than that, great job
Once again thanks for your crit on my page!!

I never heard the original, but the tone sounds real awesome and the playing is pretty damn good might I add. My guess is it sounds pretty damn similar to the original. I like it, keep it up!