I Recently decided i wanted a sound like Scream metal for my vocals and guitar playing
But i Really don't have the time to discover good bands
Can Anybody recommend me some awesome scream metal bands/songs based off what i like?

I Mainly Like......
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Dragonforce
Foo Fighters
Avenged Sevenfold
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
The Scorpions
Motely Crue
And many other 80's bands
Dragonforce...
No, I don't want any of my favorite bands to join that list.
Quote by cainmd
scream metal isnt a genre, if your referring to scremo....stop

+1

Yea if you mean screamo then just pick one band, then once you listen to them the rest will sound the same.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
why wouldn't you just close this thread jetfuel? Are you really wanting to see WC and I troll the shit outa this thread, possibly resulting in a warning because we can't resist the ignorance of the OP?

just lock it and be done with it.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Okay 1. if you don't like scream metal that's fine but don't poke fun at it
2.Scream metal does not all sound the same That's a stereotype
3.I want to expand my horizons i used to be predjudiced about scream until i listened to it.
4.If you don't like scream metal WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A THREAD THAT CENTERS ON IT
5.Thanks to the one person so far who took this seriously
6.I want to expand my horizon on this music because i want to play it and i want my horizon expanded on it.
Quote by Iamtdawg
I want to expand my horizon on this music because i want to play it and i want my horizon expanded on it.

I heard this guy loves to expand horizons
HESSIAN HAREM
Yeah I have only 1 question WHY ARE YOU BLASTING SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE NOTHING TO ANTAGONIZE ANYBODY AND JUST WANTS TO EXPAND HIS VIEW ON MUSIC?
Quote by Iamtdawg
Okay 1. if you don't like scream metal that's fine but don't poke fun at it
2.Scream metal does not all sound the same That's a stereotype
3.I want to expand my horizons i used to be predjudiced about scream until i listened to it.
4.If you don't like scream metal WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A THREAD THAT CENTERS ON IT
5.Thanks to the one person so far who took this seriously
6.I want to expand my horizon on this music because i want to play it and i want my horizon expanded on it.

It's not that we dont like screaming or harsh vocals, nor did anyone say it all sounds the same.

The issue here is, "Scream Metal" does not exist. It is not a genre or subgenre.

Just for you though, run along and listen to Bathory.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Apr 15, 2011,
[quote="Burning_Angel

The issue here is, "Scream Metal" does not exist. It is not a genre or subgenre.
Exactly why i'm i asked the question in the first place
Quote by Iamtdawg
Yeah I have only 1 question WHY ARE YOU BLASTING SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE NOTHING TO ANTAGONIZE ANYBODY AND JUST WANTS TO EXPAND HIS VIEW ON MUSIC?

They're laughing at your word choice. Screaming isn't really that popular in metal unless you're referring to the trendy pseudo-metalcore bands like As I Lay Dying, etc, or some deathcore bands.

Metal is more of a growling thing.
or shriek, or banshee wail, or ball crushing shouts, etc etc etc

lamtdawg - we have an official rec thread at the top of the forum, it covers a plethora of metal styles and gives little bits of insight on the various styles. It is basically a very comprehensive reference tool .
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by butterfingers30
+1

Yea if you mean screamo then just pick one band, then once you listen to them the rest will sound the same.

Your ignorance is causing me to drowned. You couldn't name one legit screamo band, so don't talk shit.

TS, none of those bands you mention scream, or they scream very little..so I have no idea what you're talking about..
Quote by Iamtdawg
I Recently decided i wanted a sound like Scream metal for my vocals and guitar playing
But i Really don't have the time to discover good bands
Can Anybody recommend me some awesome scream metal bands/songs based off what i like?

I Mainly Like......
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Dragonforce
Foo Fighters
Avenged Sevenfold
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
The Scorpions
Motely Crue
And many other 80's bands