Hi,
im looking for an effect that give my solos a different sound, something special.
im playing over 5 years, and i want something new.
i already have Distortion, Overdrive and WahWah.

I saw the CS-3 of boss, that make a longer sustain, do you know about another and better sustainer for 100-150 $ ?

I already looked at the PS-6 Harmonist, and its very cool.

What do you say ?

Noam
The Boss CS-3 is just a compressor. The most widely respected such pedal is the Keeley Compressor. It allows you to shape the way your notes hold and decay but it isn't going to alter your underlying sound.

You might also look into the Digitech Whammy, especially if you like the really crazy solos you hear on White Stripes albums.

But this is one case where I would say if you have an overdrive and a Wah, and you aren't digging your lead sound, then I would look at your guitar/pickups/amp maybe.

BTW have you tried 'cocking' or 'parking' your wah somewhere in the middle so you get that kinda vocally, roundish sound? That is always good for solos.

Other suggestions: EQ, phaser.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
maybe a EQ pedal?

you can do special stuff with them
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Delay, chorus, or octaves are always fun.

You can't really do much for a solo with an EQ.......
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Delay's always a fun start. If you're into making weird noises, first off you're my best friend, second, get an analog delay.
i dont know why, but delay doesn't impress and excite me.
I guess i already have a cool and exciting thing (Wah), im looking now for something useful that will improve my solo sound.
Quote by stratman_13
Delay, chorus, or octaves are always fun.

You can't really do much for a solo with an EQ.......

I dunno....
stratman you are probably the only one in this thread that will understand this (Programmer speak)...
Set the sliders like so : 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0.

For the rest, alternate slider positions at 0, maxed, 0, maxed, etc.
Gives kind of a wah set at one position type of sound.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by CodeMonk
I dunno....
stratman you are probably the only one in this thread that will understand this (Programmer speak)...

call me Jesse man. And really? i'll have to try that with mine....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by CodeMonk
I dunno....
stratman you are probably the only one in this thread that will understand this (Programmer speak)....

I can program a bit too, lol.
just be a noob with musician gear XD
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250

I can program a bit too, lol.
just be a noob with musician gear XD

Then you should have understood it too.
Sorry to have missed you in that one.
i have an lpb-1 of EHX...just a clean boost which gives it a slightly tighter and thicker sound
for 30 euro its a steal
I'd say try an EQ, add a nice mid-boost really gives the lead sound a nice kick and fatness and helps it to cut through the mix!
Quote by CodeMonk
I dunno....

Isn't that kind of what a comb filter does?
Quote by symanoy
I'd say try an EQ, add a nice mid-boost really gives the lead sound a nice kick and fatness and helps it to cut through the mix!

On what EQ do you recommend ?
100-150 $
Quote by NoamIsachar
Guitar: Washburn WI66PRO
Amp: Fender Champion 300 30W

thanks

if you can't stretch to a better amp, delay is always useful for solos. There's not much point in buying overdrives for your SS amp (it's solid state, isn't it?)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks

if you can't stretch to a better amp, delay is always useful for solos. There's not much point in buying overdrives for your SS amp (it's solid state, isn't it?)...

some googling gives me that it's SS

good morning btw
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
I really want an EQ.
The one of boss is good ?
It will work well with the JEMINI and CRYBABY ?
Quote by NoamIsachar
I really want an EQ.
The one of boss is good ?
It will work well with the JEMINI and CRYBABY ?

uhm.. the MRX 10 band EQ is better
it's highly suggested on here
and when you want real cheap, try to get the fish and chips ( or whatever )
that's a 7-band EQ

I don't know sure the fish and chips works well, but the MRX is a good pedal to play around with it
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
looks?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by Tunder250
some googling gives me that it's SS

good morning btw

morning
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I dig the way my solos sound when I toss in a bit of chorus and a short delay. I like a bit of compression in there too. Pretty much the only effects I use on my G major.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes