Anyone doing it? You guys even have it in your area? Upon learning about it, what are your thoughts?

http://www.dayofsilence.org/

I'm not doing it. Bullying is bad but it isn't worse when it's LGBT being bullied. Not worse, not better, it's the same. Bullying is bad in all it's forms.
Also, it won't do anything. If you want to stop bullying, beat the shit out of themI'm not condoning violence and I don't recommend it as a course of action for anyone but in my opinion it can be the only solution. Sadly.

I probably sounded way worse than I meant to. I'm just saying that its hard to stop bullying, really hard. And my point is I think this event won't do that
The playground of the world
Last edited by Eddie4President at Apr 15, 2011,
Ihavenoideawhatyou'retalkingaboutsohere'sabunnywithapancakeonitshead.png
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I think you're a ****ing idiot.

LOL Columbine them....but srsly i don't condone violence guiz.

EDIT: I may do it just because I was bullied and to spite you.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by Eddie4President
I don't get it. I asked questions? So why would it just be a story.

I was referring to the bottom half of your post.

Also, wat?
Quote by Eddie4President
Anyone doing it? You guys even have it in your area? Upon learning about it, what are your thoughts?

I'm not doing it. Bullying is bad but it isn't worse when it's LGBT being bullied. Not worse, not better, it's the same. Bullying is bad in all it's forms.
Also, it won't do anything. If you want to stop bullying, beat the shit out of your attackers. Columbine that shit. I'm not condoning violence and I don't recommend it as a course of action for anyone but in my opinion it can be the only solution. Sadly.

You don't condone it or recommend it as a course of action, but in your opinion it can be the only solution? Your whole post contradicts itself.
imo this is a rather stupid thing to do. It doesn't really accomplish anything, like someone else said just stand up against it and actually do something instead of trying to make a point.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by Eddie4President

Also, it won't do anything. If you want to stop bullying, beat the shit out of your attackers. Columbine that shit. I'm not condoning violence and I don't recommend it as a course of action for anyone but in my opinion it can be the only solution. Sadly.

And all groups have a right to protest in this way. Homophobic bullying on face value may not be any worse than other kinds, but it is a large group and receives among the most discrimination, so naturally their protests are going to be more of an event.

And there is no truth in violence being the only way.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Daffodil Lament
You don't condone it or recommend it as a course of action, but in your opinion it can be the only solution? Your whole post contradicts itself.

Honestly? Haha wow. If your idea is to twist semantics enough to make me sound bad then fine, go ahead.
Not doing it, but let them do whatever they want.

Good for them, they can choose to shut up for a day. It's their choice.
Last edited by blake1221 at Apr 15, 2011,
what is LGBT?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
the only people who would get it would be the people doing it, and they don't need to get it since they're doing it.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
And all groups have a right to protest in this way. Homophobic bullying on face value may not be any worse than other kinds, but it is a large group and receives among the most discrimination, so naturally their protests are going to be more of an event.

And there is no truth in violence being the only way.

Dude. I am not legally trying to take away their rights to protest/spread awareness. My personal problem is just with the format of the protest.
Quote by Eddie4President
Honestly? Haha wow. If your idea is to twist semantics enough to make me sound bad then fine, go ahead.

No, you can't form a coherent paragraph. You clearly contradicted yourself you dumbass.

Bullying should be protested against big time but if people want to bring awareness to a certain group then that's fine. I dealt with being bullied in my own way but some people are so oppressed by the bullies they can barely do anything.

And I didn't use violence so apparently I have better problem solving skills than you. We aren't cavemen who fix everything through violence.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I like this suggestion better, you won't get bullied when you can take down tyrannical alien governments with a f*****g crowbar.

OT: It's a poor idea, and I agree with the fact that it should be bullying in general rather than LGBT. This does nothing except prevent that person from hurling abuse back, good game.
Quote by BladeSlinger
No, you can't form a coherent paragraph. You clearly contradicted yourself you dumbass.

Bullying should be protested against big time but if people want to bring awareness to a certain group then that's fine. I dealt with being bullied in my own way but some people are so oppressed by the bullies they can barely do anything.

And I didn't use violence so apparently I have better problem solving skills than you. We aren't cavemen who fix everything through violence.

I dont understand why you ****ers have to villainize everybody. Nowhere did I condone violence. Nowhere did I say awareness shouldn't be spread. You clearly need to look into other ways if taking out your anger on some random, neutral poster on the Internet is the only way you can feel good about yourself. Kindly calm down.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Lesbian, gay, bi, transgender.

it should be LGBTTQQ, lesbian, gay, bi, transgender, transexual, queer, questioning.
Quote by Eddie4President

Also, it won't do anything. If you want to stop bullying, beat the shit out of themI'm not condoning violence and I don't recommend it as a course of action for anyone but in my opinion it can be the only solution. Sadly.

I probably sounded way worse than I meant to. I'm just saying that its hard to stop bullying, really hard. And my point is I think this event won't do that

I agree with most. I don't think even fighting back would really stop it. Bullying will probably never stop as long as people are alive. It might stop a single instance, but it won't make a big difference in the long run (well, maybe for the person getting bullied, if so, go for it).

Quote by blake1221
Not doing it, but let them do whatever they want.

Good for them, they can choose to shut up for a day. It's their choice.

This, just less harsh
I'm doing it at my school. Miserably I might add. I could only make it to the first few seconds of second period before I talked.

My school has the most participants for Day of Silence in the state, and homophobic issues have always been big around the area. Our school even made the news a few years ago for issues the LGBT community had with Ken Hutcherson.

Being bisexual myself I decided to participate. I wasn't going to do it out of laziness (since we have to go to a meeting in order to be able to do it), but coincidentally I needed to talk to the teacher whose room just happened to be the where the meeting was taking place. It's a good cause anyway, and I support it.
Quote by Eddie4President

And you edited it to remove the Columbine comment. Way to make yourself look less like a dick. You are not neutral since you clearly expressed that you don't agree with the LGBT focus with this idea.

If you don't condone violence, don't tell people to beat the shit out of their attackers. That is condoning violence.

I don't condone violence so I don't tell people to beat the shit out of people. I tell them to outsmart their attackers and not to resort to violence. I didn't try to beat people up because I don't like violence. I found ways around it because I don't condone violence, which you do according to your post. Either condone it or don't tell people to resort to it. It's fine if you personally would resort to violence, that's your choice but telling people to resort to violence is, in fact, condoning it.

And you're still a ****.

I find it humorous that you start a thread then get so upset when people disagree with you. I was a victim of bullying so I'm obviously going to support it. It's of little consequence to me if I'm in a minority.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by Eddie4President
Good to know that bladeslingers in the minority here.

> Make a thread about bullying
> Look down on BladeSlinger for being "in the minority"

Good job, dude.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
> Make a thread about bullying
> Look down on BladeSlinger for being "in the minority"

Good job, dude.

He's not looking down on BladeSlinger for being "in the minority." He's looking down on BladeSlinger because he got butt hurt and attacked Eddie4President.

Both of them need to let it go.
Quote by blake1221
He's not looking down on BladeSlinger for being "in the minority." He's looking down on BladeSlinger because he got butt hurt and attacked Eddie4President.

Both of them need to let it go.

I'm perfectly well aware of that. But he surely could have phrased that better.
I agree with TS, DoS should be expanded to include all victims of bullying. Doing a special one just for LGBT's, IMO, just reinforces that they're different and need to be treated separately.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Not doing it, but the "bisexual" scenecore kids around here are making it out to be a far bigger deal than it really is.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I'm perfectly well aware of that. But he surely could have phrased that better.

That was what set me off. I'm cool if he doesn't agree with it being a certain day. I also agree that it sets them apart even more. It was the double standard that made me mad. Some people think violence can stop bullying, and it can in some cases, but if you do, don't say you don't condone it because you do by expressing that opinion.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
That was what set me off. I'm cool if he doesn't agree with it being a certain day. I also agree that it sets them apart even more. It was the double standard that made me mad. Some people think violence can stop bullying, and it can in some cases, but if you do, don't say you don't condone it because you do by expressing that opinion.

I get ya, mayne.
Quote by Supertait
what is LGBT?

Don't listen to the other people in here. It stands for Lettuce Garlic Bacon Tomato. It's a sandwich.

OT I feel like being quiet about bullying is the opposite of what people should be doing...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I did this in 8th grade. The math teacher was pissed because no one in the class was speaking, and he threatened to give us all detention. We kept quiet though, because we knew that the fat bastard couldn't keep all of us.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I don't like it. Silence is part of what caused this mess in the first place. Action and momentum are what will cause change, not attention seeking and brooding.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by ChucklesMginty

Taking vicodin, and being the most badass doctor in existence is the best way to do this?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Tsar66
Being badass is the only way anything should be done.

OT: silence won't help, it's a stupid way of doing anything.

I agree that it doesn't really help, but it was a great way to piss off the teachers without any consequences. If I was still in school I would do it again for the lulz.
Quote by L2112Lif