Page 1 of 2
The fourth annual Record Store Day takes place tomorrow, April 16th. Do you guys have any plans to go out and support your local indie record store?

The list of releases can be found here.
I'll probably get the Yeasayer EP. Possibly the Flaming Lips reissues if I'm feeling spendy, which I probably won't.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I wonder if they do this in Sweden. If so I might just go out (despite being pretty sick) and buying some records.

edit: turns out they do! For any swede:

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues?country=Sweden
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by darkcheef
People still buy music?

In vinyl form yes. In CD form,
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by darkcheef
People still buy music?

It's a bitch to pirate LPs.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No record stores for hundreds of miles for me. None of those releases really pique my interest, either. I'll say that my rare Rosetta LP was for it.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by lushacrous
I'll probably get the Yeasayer EP. Possibly the Flaming Lips reissues if I'm feeling spendy, which I probably won't.

apparently the Flaming Lips reissues are pretty terrible - sounds like they're on really thin vinyl, and the remixing they did wasn't great - just something to keep in mind

I'm going to be out there tomorrow morning trying to get the Mastodon live album
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Quote by Retardwitguitar
apparently the Flaming Lips reissues are pretty terrible - sounds like they're on really thin vinyl, and the remixing they did wasn't great - just something to keep in mind

I'm going to be out there tomorrow morning trying to get the Mastodon live album

Ugh. On one hand, it doesn't sound good, on the other hand, it'd just feel awesome to know that you have those albums on vinyl! Still probably won't get it, thanks man.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

My primary goals are to get the Circa Survive EP and the Nirvana reissue. The RekRek picture disc would be cool as well, but I've heard that it might be UK-only.

The White Stripes singles would be awesome too, but knowing Jack he's probably only made three of them and sewn them into a fucking peppermint ottoman or some shit.
I would have loved to have gone to Picadilly records, but I don't have any money haha. I'll go next time, eh.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I'd love to get Caribou, Grateful Dead and The Joy Formidable, maybe Yeasayer as well. oh wait, I'm skint and am in a different city that day isn't there a Radiohead release as well?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Nowhere near by to attend, sadly
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Quote by Kensai
It's a bitch to pirate LPs.

I just steal them from the record store while wearing an eye-patch.
Quote by lushacrous
Ugh. On one hand, it doesn't sound good, on the other hand, it'd just feel awesome to know that you have those albums on vinyl! Still probably won't get it, thanks man.

i know what you mean - i'm still tempted to pick them up just to have them

Quote by Cal UK
isn't there a Radiohead release as well?

yeah, The Butcher/Supercollider 12" - it's UK only too
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Quote by Cal UK

For you guys, yes. US and Canada have to wait until June.

Last edited by Samdroid at Apr 15, 2011,
I go on holiday tomorrow so I won't be able to get to a record store, but my friend is going to try and pick me up a copy of the Oceansize/Steven Wilson split 7"
Quote by Cal UK

Apparently its limited to 2000 copies so its going to be a bitch to get hold of
Quote by PeZ546
There are approximately ZERO indie record shops in my area.

Well, actually there is one, but I checked their website and all they sell is Drum'N'Bass.

Lucky you
Quote by genghisgandhi
How much would one of these albums cost?

It depends on the artist and the individual release. A 7" single usually goes around $7, but a full 12" album could go as high as $40, depending on the rarity.
Why would I want to support a band? Once they get famous all they do is hoard in all of the money and keep it in off shore swiss bank accounts those bastards.
I want the Death Cab one but don't think i'll be at the store at my local record shop in time
The nearest record store around my parts isn't exactly close....if I do manage to go, I might just pick up some samplers or something. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of cash to drop*

*in fact, make that "none"
Quote by BuckleyFanTom
I want the Death Cab one but don't think i'll be at the store at my local record shop in time

it's not actually new material eh? it's just a sampler apparently
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Retardwitguitar
it's not actually new material eh? it's just a sampler apparently

Yeah that's what i gathered from the title but it'll be something to listen to before the new album comes out. It's a good job theirs a few good albums coming out before their album to hold me over.
Mastodon did a ZZ Top Cover? And it's on a Vinyl with the original? Sick
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by BuckleyFanTom
Yeah that's what i gathered from the title but it'll be something to listen to before the new album comes out. It's a good job theirs a few good albums coming out before their album to hold me over.

thats fair enough i guess, but it seems like paying $10 for short clips of new songs is a little silly when they'll be up on youtube
Quote by Kensai

Quote by MakinLattes
I go to my local record store several times a week. I need no day to support it.

Same. But I think it's a good thing to get the word out to people who only buy from iTunes or Walmart or other such places. I understand that these are the only options for some people, but I think if you live near a record store it's a good way to generate some interest.
I just got the rolling stones single. Too bad the Radiohead one was sold out.
Avast Ye!

Clockwise from top-left Jimi-Hendrix and last poets 12", Kill Rockstars 20th anniversary, reissue, Sonic Youth *****s moaning, Matt Kinsella (Cap'n Jazz etc.) 7"

Queue at the store was massive, Flaming lips boxset was £100 (!!!), atmosphere was cool, got a gold button badge too.
I've never seen a CD in Shanghai. Ever.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.

The record store over here opens in half an hour. I am prepared to be completely broke by the end of the day.
Page 1 of 2