Hi,

I'm planning on getting new pickups installed on my stratocaster style guitar. I'm getting Seymour Duncan SH-4's so I imagine the guitar needs modified so they fit and work correctly. I was wondering how much the shop GuitarGuitar (Basically a UK equivalent to Guitar Centre) would charge to have them installed?

Thanks.
Quote by CalumFraser
Drop them an e-mail, but i think around 30-40 when you supply the pickups.

30-40 GBP or USD? And yeah, I've emailed them, they said they need to see it first so I will have to take it in, which I will do I just wanted a rough estimate first.

Thanks.
Note sure what your skills are, but swapping the PUPs in my Epi LP only required unsoldering 4 wires (2 per pickup), unscrewing 4 screws, taking the old pups out, sliding the new ones in, and soldering 4 new wires to where the old ones were. Was really pretty simple if you know how to solder. Just a thought.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
Learn how to do it yourself, it's really not that hard if you have a basic understanding of soldering and wiring diagrams. I recently did it myself for the first time and I had a tougher time unscrewing the electronics cavity than actually swapping pups :P.
Yeah you'll be self-sufficient for life, and save a lot of money .
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
take your pickguard off, your pickup cavity may be already routed for humbuckers (I've seen a lot of strats that have SSS pickups but are routed HSH)

That's probably what they meant when they said they'd have to see it first
Quote by AndrewW500
Guitar Centre

I imagine this is why they don't have Guitar Centers in Europe.

Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
sounds about right for 30-40. my passive to active installation was 70...little high but w/e
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
it is so lame that they won't give you an over the phone estimate, for something
so obviously easy to price.

in NY guitar center can charge as much as $40 per pup swap.

and like said, in a solid body guitar, it is a super simple job.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011