Clues and a review, and then some pics and maybe some clips if I'm feeling generous....

So yeah, went out and picked this bad boy up today. Had to drive a fair distance each way but it was worth it. Paid £600 for both the head and the cab, so got a very nice deal, and it's in new condition.

Both channels are fairly similar, but both have separate masters which is very useful for a solo boost, or just switching from clean to dirty at different volumes. This thing doesn't stay clean very long, although it is only ----- watts, so it is to be expected. It has a really nice bluesy dirty, dark clean sound, much better than the other ------ I tried.

The drive is where it really gets dirty. Beautiful right from classic rock right up to classic metal, much more versatile than I thought. With a boost could probably do some fairly heavy stuff, although no modern metal. Responds beautifully to picking dynamics, and is really chunky and thick. It's what you expect from a high priced amp though.

Looks awesome with the matching cab as well. Really happy with this.

Here are some clues... will post some pics when it is guessed. Will post clipzors tomorrow when I can crank it.

It is sub 50 watts.
It isn't made in China or Korea
It sounds like sex.

Guess away

CLIPZ
Some quick crappy clips, sorry for the quality, its a £20 mic

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/jdsl.mp3?w=009d79f6 - CLEAN

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/comws.mp3?w=b9c80cb5 DIRTY
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Last edited by robbo546hall at Apr 16, 2011,
carvin v16
vox ac30
vox night train
mesa atlantic whatever

oops, now that the pic is loaded.
Carvin v16
fender blues jr
egnater tweaker
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Last edited by evhbrianmay at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by evhbrianmay
carvin v16
vox ac30
vox night train
mesa atlantic whatever

oops, now that the pic is loaded.
Carvin v16
fender blues jr
egnater tweaker

You are.....

Incorrect
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
now that is totally your mom's vagina, and don't say it isn't, I was there last night...
Butcher
Quote by brad_butcher
now that is totally your mom's vagina, and don't say it isn't, I was there last night...

I said in the description it doesn't sound like sex, and it's not made in China or Korea so that's that out of the equation.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by Darkflame
silverface bassman?

Neine

Will give a clue if no ones got it by the 20th post.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by robbo546hall
I said in the description it doesn't sound like sex, and it's not made in China or Korea so that's that out of the equation.

Ba dum, tsssh!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
...tweed carvin legacy?

dang, nevermine, gotta be sub 50...
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
He said it wasn't made in China or Korea.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by beckyjc
Is it some kind of orange?
Just guessing from what i think is grill cloth in the pic.

Yes haha, knew some Orange expert would work it out through the grill cloth.

Now getting the model shouldn't be too hard
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Orange AD30HTC?
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
Quote by beckyjc
ad30?

We have a winner Pics added to original post.

Clips tomorrow when I can crank it so stay tuned
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
niiice.

I had a go of the single channel combo with reverb recently, it was a nice amp.

Clips would be sweet.

That the OB cab? How big is it compared to the head, i wanna swap my 1x12 for a 2x12 but dunno if ill have the space.
Quote by beckyjc
niiice.

I had a go of the single channel combo with reverb recently, it was a nice amp.

Clips would be sweet.

That the OB cab? How big is it compared to the head, i wanna swap my 1x12 for a 2x12 but dunno if ill have the space.

Plenty of clips coming tomorrow, probably show the difference between cranked and low volume as well as i was surprised by literally no fizz at low volumes.

Ya it's the open back, it's a damn nice cab. Not as big as I thought it would be, or as heavy. Definitely manageable. When the head is on the cab there is about 4 inches either side of the head of extra space. Since the speakers are placed diagonally in the cab it isn't that much taller than a 1x12 either. It's probably only twice the height of the head.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
^