Not bad.

I didn't mind the green channel at low volume, though it sounds much better cranked up a bit, of course.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Not bad.

I didn't mind the green channel at low volume, though it sounds much better cranked up a bit, of course.

how about the red modes and the high gain channel?
my jcm 800 (100W) sounds good at 0.5 vol. i mean its sounds better when cranked but it still sounds nice when not. you just have to reach the volume when the tubes flair up just that little bit
Quote by manubro1
how about the red modes and the high gain channel?

I think they sound like junk at normal volume, so you probably don't want my opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
would the 50 watt version be better for me? I will be playing some small clubs and bars but id also like a good sound at home.
I got a 100 watt Randall that I use at home, and I've used 100 watt marshalls at relatively low volume and they sound great! They just sound better cranked the hell up. I wish there were more lower wattage amps that still had the features of the 100 watt amps (multiple channels basically for me) though. If the 50 watt still sounds as good to you, and still has all the features you want, go for it.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by manubro1
would the 50 watt version be better for me? I will be playing some small clubs and bars but id also like a good sound at home.

Doubt it. There isn't as much difference between 50 and 100w, volume-wise, as you might think.

It'll be a little better but maybe not enough to really justify the difference.

Don't worry though, it shouldn't sound -bad- at low volume, just not as good as it would at higher volume.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It will sound just fine. Perhaps not as dynamic as at louder volumes. And you can always get a power attenuator to crank it at low volumes.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Marshalls sound atrocious cranked down to bedroom levels with an attenuator unless you spring for one of the really high end ones.
In b4 "is it an MG?"
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Yeah, it won't sound BAD per se at bedroom levels, you just won't get the dynamic overtones you get from really getting the tubes cranked and working overtime. If you're a person who wants the best possible tone even when practicing in the bedroom, an attenuator is a must. I'm not one of those people - I have a tiny little Marshall MG practice amp that sounds like ass, but it cost me like $50 and does the job I want when I can't crank my Orange.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Could always look into a smaller <5 watt alternative; thats what I'm doing. But thats not quite gig-worthy, unless your goal is to break the power section, which would sound cool.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by al112987
Marshalls sound atrocious cranked down to bedroom levels with an attenuator unless you spring for one of the really high end ones.

Speaking of which, I bought a Phantom.

i use a dsl 100 in my bedroom with a 4x12 and it sounds nice at low volume
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Or how about you get this...

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Blackstar-Series-One-S1-100-100W-2-Channel-Valve-Head/CYK

Or this...

http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Blackstar-Series-One-50-Head/

Ones 100 watt with built in attenuator to bring it to 10 at home.
The others 50 watt with built in attenuator to bring down to 5 watts at home.

Why the hell would anyone buy the ht 5 now that 50 watt beast is out and can be put down to 5 watts!! its a win win if u got the moneys.
xx
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
In b4 "is it an MG?"

Maybe read the thread?

@OP : It will be fine I'm sure. It will sound better louder, but that doesn't mean it will sound bad at low volumes.