I read somewhere you can "cut off" an intrusment track out of any song in stuff like Guitar Hero, etc.
I google, youtubed, but didnt really find what i was looking for.

Could anyone guide me through this proccess ?
1. go find where the masters of songs are kept
2. steal them
3. don't get caught

no, there isn't another way that works well that i'm aware of
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
on guitar hero theres an option to adjust the mix in the start menu

play the song on easy(no mistakes) with just the tracks that you want turned up

record it
So that means seperate tracks are stored on the game disk, so it should be possible to rip it out ?
Quote by DocArunas
So that means seperate tracks are stored on the game disk, so it should be possible to rip it out ?

not necessarily but possibly, yea
Quote by rickyj
on guitar hero theres an option to adjust the mix in the start menu

play the song on easy(no mistakes) with just the tracks that you want turned up

record it

That's going to end up sounding like an epic fail sadly. Just rip it straight out of Guitar hero/rock band, although I'm pretty sure this has been done to every gh/rb song ever and the stems are all over the net. Just gotta know where to look.

Quote by DocArunas

Yepp. Though on some older Guitar Hero games the bass, drums and vocals can all be on the same track, while the two guitars are separate. Depends on the song, which the second player instrument is (bass or rhythm guitar).
Last edited by Ascendant at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by Ascendant
Just rip it straight out of Guitar hero/rock band, although I'm pretty sure this has been done to every gh/rb song ever and the stems are all over the net.

It's an interesting idea, but I think the OP is asking if that can actually be done, and if so, how.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
It can be done, you'd just have to figure out how the game and all the files are compressed, reverse engineer the **** out of it and then possibly convert the stems if they aren't in a common format already such as wav, mp3, ogg etc. This would require a lot of knowledge about computers, storage, compression and at least a bit of knowledge about some programming language to be able to write an application that does all the conversion and decompressing for you.

One problem you might run into with the later gen games is that they probably store DLC songs on some internal storage in the console (xbox 360 and ps3 hdds comes to mind), while the songs that shipped with the game are probably on the disc.
Not sure about the Wii version of the games. Those might store dlc on an SD card (if there even is DLC for the wii games, to be honest I haven't touched or looked at anything GH/RB related in like 3 years so all of this is pretty theoretical) and then it could be possible to rip the songs from there.
Last edited by Ascendant at Apr 16, 2011,
Still havent found an answer on HOW TO, and neither did you guys, oh well Just keep on searchin'
They seem to be codec,encrypted,hiden,mutated,painted and a whole lotta other bunch of things are done to the files so its not as easy as find extract,copy,paste.
That's why you're going to have to learn those things I mentioned, or find a forum where they discuss GH/RB hacking and hopefully they have a guide or a tool someone made for this purpose. The frets on fire forum comes to mind, Google is your friend etc.
Check Scorehero, and FretsonFire.net you can find good information there