Hey guys, I have a Schecter Damien 6 and I'm having a bit of a problem. The action is good up by the pickups but way to low by the nut. If I adjust it at the bridge far enough so it doesn't rattle on the 1st and 2nd fret, the action is to high at the pickup.

Is this something that can be fixed with a truss rod adjustment? Thanks for the help.
well look down your neck and see if its bowed back...if its not straight then get it straight first
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by BlksnshN
Hey guys, I have a Schecter Damien 6 and I'm having a bit of a problem. The action is good up by the pickups but way to low by the nut. If I adjust it at the bridge far enough so it doesn't rattle on the 1st and 2nd fret, the action is to high at the pickup.

Is this something that can be fixed with a truss rod adjustment? Thanks for the help.

fret the low E at the first fret. at the same time,
fret the low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet. around the 19th.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th.

when held, does the string lay on the fret wire there?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Sounds like you need to get your truss rod tweaked. I actually just today put up a post blog page about what to do with a truss rod here.
Follow these steps
1. Tune up your guitar to put the proper tension on the neck,
2. capo off on the first fret, fret your low e on the 17th fret, and measure over the 7th and 8th frets - you're aiming for .010" which isn't much. I measure with feeler gauges that can be found in most garages and auto parts stores.
3. After adjusting your truss rod, then you can worry about bridge height. Adjust until you like it. Generally most guitar shops will adjust the bridge until the high e string will be around .042" ish over the 12th fret with the capo still on the first fret, and the low e string will be around .064" If you get buzzing then you might have some high frets.

Hope this helps!