So a half hour ago, REAPER was working fine. Then randomly, the noise gate stopped working properly and my sound started clipping, despite the fact that it was about -3 dB. Then REAPER began using 100% of my CPU. It doesn't matter how many programs are up at all, it will always be 100%.

Here's the weird thing though. The file I'm using works completely fine up until about the 1:50 mark, after that it will jump to 100% if it wasn't already there, begin stuttering and lagging hard. It doesn't matter what driver's it using or anything, if you play or record past the 1:50 mark it lags. I've just tried doing a different project at the same mark; it uses less than 20% CPU. It's quite maddening, because it's the one project I want to finish.

EDIT: I have restarted the computer, just to get that out of the way.
Last edited by schwinginbatman at Apr 15, 2011,
Have you checked you haven't somehow had automation in write mode and moved the faders while playing the track back, and then it's going mental for that reason?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Mind explaining that?

EDIT: OK, I kind of got what you're saying. It's in Trim/Read.

I found out what it was. As the song progressed, the FX in my tracks took up more and more RAM until it was pushing it so far up as 120%. I tweaked it a bit, and right now it works fine.
Last edited by schwinginbatman at Apr 16, 2011,