It's not a bad guitar, but Ibanez makes better metal-suited budget guitars IMO.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
It's not a bad guitar, but Ibanez makes better metal-suited budget guitars IMO.

I'm looking for a flying V, though (Ibanez doesn't make flying v's last time I checked). I like the look and the way you can easily access the soloing part of the bridge, and I've heard they're excellent to play while standing up.
Last edited by OVER9000VIDEOS at Apr 15, 2011,
Fine guitar, 24 frets, v shape. I have a Jackson soloist- top notch guitar.
For tuning, as you asked, you can tune it however you like
No Floyd Rose= no dimebag squeals

This is an intermediate guitar, so if you can handle playing holy wars on the guitar then get it!
Id honestly recommend making your own v though= youd have better body, pickups, mabye a floyd and for less.
yeah, even sitting down, theyre played like a classical, which is one of my fave features.. anyways, my buddies has this one, pretty good. just watch out when you get to higher frets, IDK if its just me, but it feels kinda weird.... my friend agreed with me when I told him.
THats a pretty standard, base model jackson and they are great if thats your max price range. The stock pickups in them are alright I think and it's just a string through bridge there, which means you load the strings from behind and they go through the body. I would personally recommend you save up a bit more cash, maybe $500-$600 and you could get the same model with better hardware and stuff like that. If you save up that much, I would recommend looking at Schecter guitars, as they make awesome guitars for metal in that price range . But yeah in the $500-$600 price range, Schecter or Jackson, you can't go wrong really for metal.
Quote by ShredWithEd
Fine guitar, 24 frets, v shape. I have a Jackson soloist- top notch guitar.
For tuning, as you asked, you can tune it however you like
No Floyd Rose= no dimebag squeals

This is an intermediate guitar, so if you can handle playing holy wars on the guitar then get it!
Id honestly recommend making your own v though= youd have better body, pickups, mabye a floyd and for less.

Hah, I seriously doubt I'll be making guitars anytime soon. I'm terrible at that kind of stuff.

But thanks for the info.
Quote by T7E
THats a pretty standard, base model jackson and they are great if thats your max price range. The stock pickups in them are alright I think and it's just a string through bridge there, which means you load the strings from behind and they go through the body. I would personally recommend you save up a bit more cash, maybe $500-$600 and you could get the same model with better hardware and stuff like that. If you save up that much, I would recommend looking at Schecter guitars, as they make awesome guitars for metal in that price range . But yeah in the $500-$600 price range, Schecter or Jackson, you can't go wrong really for metal.

700 is my price limit. I was looking at the ESP flying V's but I heard Jackson was alot better for alot cheaper, so why not save 400 bucks. But yeah, link me to a better guitar if it's really worth it, my MAX is 700, but I'd really like to save a bit of money.
I'm biased towards Ibanez myself, and the RG5EX1 is priced in that range at Guitar Center ($400.00). It has a few features that I think makes it slightly more versatile than the Jackson in your link. It has Neck and Bridge humbuckers, plus a center single coil, and 5 way switching. It also has a Tremolo Bridge (kinda a Floyd Rose knockoff on this model) and holds tune real well, even when drop tuning. However, it is not a flying A design, like you prefer. Same 24 frets and basswood body for lightweight practice guitar. But on the subject of the flying a design, what would you prefer, a better looking guitar or better playing/sounding??? I've had this one for 3-4 months now and like it a lot. Once I got used to the tuning and string changing, it is real easy to work with. Just my $0.02

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG5EX1-Electric-Guitar-103574026-i1167870.gc

Or maybe you might like an X-Body???

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-XPT700-Xiphos-Electric-Guitar-104327606-i1177173.gc

It's in your price range too. Saw one a friend had once, I liked it a lot, but wanted a cheaper guitar for practice...
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Apr 16, 2011,
Reaching the 24th fret sucks on the Jackson V's. I have a Jackson RR24, I ended up getting an Edwards E-AL-166.
I own a Jackson JS30 Kelly (old model of the JS32 series, Only difference is mine doesnt have the shark fin inlays) and for the dough it's really a pretty good series of guitars.

The JS32T's are meat and potato guitars, no flash, but they will perform right out of the box. Personally I would choose a Jackson over an Ibanez in this case, IMO Jackson's pups have higher output, and just sound better to my ears, Although if it were my money I would grab a Kelly .
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
I'm biased towards Ibanez myself, and the RG5EX1 is priced in that range at Guitar Center ($400.00). It has a few features that I think makes it slightly more versatile than the Jackson in your link. It has Neck and Bridge humbuckers, plus a center single coil, and 5 way switching. It also has a Tremolo Bridge (kinda a Floyd Rose knockoff on this model) and holds tune real well, even when drop tuning. However, it is not a flying A design, like you prefer. Same 24 frets and basswood body for lightweight practice guitar. But on the subject of the flying a design, what would you prefer, a better looking guitar or better playing/sounding??? I've had this one for 3-4 months now and like it a lot. Once I got used to the tuning and string changing, it is real easy to work with. Just my $0.02

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG5EX1-Electric-Guitar-103574026-i1167870.gc

Or maybe you might like an X-Body???

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-XPT700-Xiphos-Electric-Guitar-104327606-i1177173.gc

It's in your price range too. Saw one a friend had once, I liked it a lot, but wanted a cheaper guitar for practice...

The links didn't work, and I already got an Ibanez (my first guitar) and I was pretty disappointed with it. Yeah, it was cheap ($150), but I never really liked Ibanez guitars after picking it up. It feels terrible compared to my dad's Stratocaster (which I don't get to use very often).