Hardened steel, brass block, $90. Seems like a good deal
http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-GOLD-Heavy-Duty-Floyd-Rose-trem-BRASS-STEEL_p_513.html

Might put this in the guitar i'm building......
So, anyone have expirience with this trem?
GFS hardware is generally average, not particularly good. I wouldn't use their bridges.
You can get a Gotoh Floyd for under $150, and its far superior (one of the best double locking trems on the market)
its called "advertising" and they make it seem better than it is........I personally am speaking from experience as I have ownED one of these....they are terrible and not worth the price.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
How is it bad? The metals are better than the ofr and it seems pretty good! I have a floyd rose special and jackson floyd from 86 and i'll tell you, if you set them up properly, they stay in tune.

So whats bad about the gfs one? Are you sure you didnt try the speedloader instead? This one just came out.
just because they say steel doesnt mean its good. there are hundred of types of steels.

its like knives - a good one can be 10x as much based on the type of blade.

i would be skeptical of something so technical out of solid medal thats do cheap, or cheaper than competition. i would like to try their instrument cables to see if they are better than livewires for like 17 bucks.
Quote by ikey_
just because they say steel doesnt mean its good. there are hundred of types of steels.

its like knives - a good one can be 10x as much based on the type of blade.

i would be skeptical of something so technical out of solid medal thats do cheap, or cheaper than competition. i would like to try their instrument cables to see if they are better than livewires for like 17 bucks.

It says hardened steel and brass.

My zinc floyd rose works perfectly, and steel is way stronger than zinc, obviously.

I think this is legit, but then I just found THIS floyd here:
http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/product_info.php?cPath=38_99&products_id=407

$35 for a Floyd with steel baseplate and saddles.......
This website is known for high quality items at a bargain, so this seems pretty good!
Quote by ShredWithEd
The metals are better than the ofr

wut? OFR uses hardened steel (knife edge) and brass (block) too, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TS is oblivious.......let him buy 2 or 3.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
They can say its made of high quality materials, doesn't mean it is.
Hardened steel and brass doesn't mean high quality hardened steel and brass.
Quote by ShredWithEd
(a) Is hardened steel and brass better than zinc? (b) is low quality hardened steel and brass better than medium quality zinc?

(a) yeah i think so

(b) no idea
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?