Im currently building a guitar and have a few questions.. i havent bought anything yet but ive decided on the zakk wylde 81/85 set

does the pack come with wires to put a LP selector switch in? is it easier just to put a solderless tele/ strat 3way?

ive read about people buying EMG covers with sweet designs on 'em. Does EMG still do that?

ive heard (from wikipedia) that 81/85s are bigger so you need to route a bigger space for them?
Sorry if this isn't exactly what you were looking for.

I was originally going to upgrade my LP style guitar with those exact pickups so I contacted a local guitar shop.

I asked about wiring configurations (because I only had 2 volume and 1 tone) and he explained its an easy work around.

I'm bad at electronics so if I were doing it I would just get them installed by someone else, but if you can do it go for it. You could always call a shop and ask them, if its local they will usually be nice enough to tell you.
First, don't get the ZW set. There's nothing different but the name and price. Seriously.

Second, the wiring should work regardless of guitar. If it doesn't, then buy the parts you need after.

Not sure about designs, and I'm pretty sure the 81/85s are the same size as the rest.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Im fairly sure they come with the full wiring harness, but as stated above it will work with any guitar or switch.

Have a look on Ebay if you want pickup covers with designs.

I had 81/85s put in my LP, they don't need to rout the pickup cavity to fit a standard humbucker slot. Even the battery fits in the back without needing any body modification.
...That's what she said?...
Quote by Pink Muse
First, don't get the ZW set. There's nothing different but the name and price. Seriously.

it actually works out cheaper if i buy the set than if i buy two seperately.

just might be easier to get a 3way strat blade cos i dont have access to a solder iron (let alone someone who can use it)
Quote by MitchRB
it actually works out cheaper if i buy the set than if i buy two seperately.

+1
plus you get all Zakk Wylde stuff eheh
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions!"
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
No, you shouldn't pour beer on your guitar.
Quote by msoban
+1
plus you get all Zakk Wylde stuff eheh

yea mate, chose it just for the pick