http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEKPTpmZ_E&feature=related

I haven't been on this site for ages, but I just played my first show with my new band, The Grand Silver Dollar.
We are all big fans of The Band, so this song is naturally fun to play.
I blew it big time, mixing up verses and then forgetting one, but it's all good.
We had no monitors so the vocals for that show were sometimes (read: almost always) way off because all I could hear were drums. Total disappointment.
But I'm still happy with it and thought I'd share, see what some other people thought.
I'm sure there's gotta be at least a couple people who dig The Band on these forums.
I had to read the title about 5 times before I realized it was what I thought it was.

Holy shit, A cover of the band! I love the Band. I never see them on UG.

Everything sounded really good, except it seemed like the singer struggled to sing and play at the same time. You guys also need to work on your harmonies, I think that was a huge part of their amazing sound.

but seriously, I love that I saw this. Made my night.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Gibson06
I had to read the title about 5 times before I realized it was what I thought it was.

Holy shit, A cover of the band! I love the Band. I never see them on UG.

Everything sounded really good, except it seemed like the singer struggled to sing and play at the same time. You guys also need to work on your harmonies, I think that was a huge part of their amazing sound.

but seriously, I love that I saw this. Made my night.

I did struggle! haha. singing without a monitor is the worst when you already are a bad singer
i'm surprised people don't post stuff by The Band. I dunno, maybe it's just where I live, but everyone who plays music around here seems to be into them, which is a good thing. If you look through the related videos, we do The Weight. It was unrehearsed, we just realized we had a good chunk of time left in the set. We also did Cortez the Killer, by Neil Young. The rest of the set was all originals.