I've been playing guitar for about 2 years 4 months, and I really enjoy playing thrash metal in the stylings of Megadeth and Slayer. I can play almost any rhythm pattern from any song that I want to learn, but when it comes to the solos, I am absolutely terrible. Do you guys have any suggestions on some easy solos that could get me on the right path to being able to play the more difficult solos. (It doesn't have to be from the aforementioned bands; just use them as a guideline.) Any help is appreciated
I havent been playing as long but if thrash is your taste how about some Metallica?

Hammet's solos are by far easier than anything I've attempted by Friedman or Poland.

Uhh I'm currently trying to work Angry Again's solo. So maybe give that a shot haha.

I'm not entirely sure if it counts but what about the solo in Holy Wars?
really, the best thing to do is to pick a solo you really want to learn and just work at it. megadeth stuff is definitely tricky, but given enough time you should be able to memorize it.

the best thing to do is to practice the solo really slow. learn it in little chunks, going super slow. make sure you memorize the notes and the rhythm of them. its tedious, but its the best way to learn a solo note for note
find the parts you want to play and slow them down then work them up to speed. youve probly heard this over and over again but it really is the most effective way to learn anything (also ive found that if you play something REALLY slow a few times then play at tempo you can actually play most of what you want without ,any mistakes)
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Quote by hconn
I've been playing guitar for about 2 years 4 months, and I really enjoy playing thrash metal in the stylings of Megadeth and Slayer. I can play almost any rhythm pattern from any song that I want to learn, but when it comes to the solos, I am absolutely terrible. Do you guys have any suggestions on some easy solos that could get me on the right path to being able to play the more difficult solos. (It doesn't have to be from the aforementioned bands; just use them as a guideline.) Any help is appreciated

Since you like trash it's hard to find easy solo's haha, alot of them are shred so it'll take a while till you get there. But start of with the basics: vibrato, bending (mastering these two are very important because they make you feel confident about your playing) and for the shred you should start of with some pentatonic licks, what can help you with that are metallica solo's. Kirk hammet uses it all the time.
Quote by hconn

learn how to sing. im actually serious, or be a rhythm player. most metal bands have a singer that plays guitar and doesnt play as many solos as the lead player (with an exception of megadeth)
Quote by crazytjeuh
Since you like trash it's hard to find easy solo's haha, alot of them are shred so it'll take a while till you get there. But start of with the basics: vibrato, bending (mastering these two are very important because they make you feel confident about your playing) and for the shred you should start of with some pentatonic licks, what can help you with that are metallica solo's. Kirk hammet uses it all the time.

You forgot to mention a Wah Wah pedal. He also uses those a lot.
Learn solos one phrase at a time. Start slow, just memorizing the notes in a phrase. Once you can hit it from memory start working on it with a metronome. Don't play so slow that you have trouble counting spaces, and don't turn up the speed if you still make mistakes. Keep going at the slowest possible pace until you learn the phrase. Play it in series of ten; start between scales when you warm up, and then between each song you play, and so on. Once you have a phrase down add another, and then link them together. Keep doing this, slowly building up the solos. If it takes you a week to learn half a measure too damned bad, just suck it up and practice. It might take you months to really nail solos at first, but you will get faster with each one that you learn. And once you have a solo down start playing it while you watch television so that the playing becomes unconscious. Also, you will not perfect any solo until you can fumble your way through much harder solos.

Don't start trying to learn metal solos. Metal soloists are much better than you will probably ever be. Start with simple stuff like slow blues and 1950s rock. This will also teach you the techniques that are the foundation of the faster and more complex solos people play today.

Learn the music theory behind lead guitar. It eventually becomes subconscious; your brain will be able to recognize and shuffle between notes and keys without thinking.