Fox News upset about J. Crew ad featuring a photo of a boy wearing pink nail polish

Page 1 of 4
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=86923&tsp=1

Looks like Fox wants to promote conformity by clinging to tired old gender stereotypes.

Original Fox article:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/04/11/j-crew-plants-seeds-gender-identity/#content

Discuss Fox, conformity, gender roles, and anything else relevant to this.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Back to the pile! They took our jerbs.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
They're just overreacting like they always do.

Why do we need a thread on expected behavior?

IN OTHER NEWS

The WBC hates gays!
Saw this on the Daily Show. It's Fox News. Why are you surprised?
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Jon Stewart pretty much summed up my feelings on this.

A guy on Fox actually said she'd have to get the kid psychiatric help, and they bitched and moaned about how this was "celebrating transgendered children" in such a negative tone they might as well have said "She's not even stoning him to death for wearing the garment of a women as forbade by our Lord!"
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Hahahaa, just wait until you tell them he isn't the first boy to ever wear makeup. Then they get all quiet all of a sudden, stare at their shoes, and sigh heavily, yearning for boyhood pleasures.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Fox is full of idiots.
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
I can't believe people even take Fox News seriously. If they turned it into a comedy show it would be just as successful.
Quote by ned216
Fox is full of idiots.

News outlets are full of idiots.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Dregen
I can't believe people even take Fox News seriously. If they turned it into a comedy show it would be just as successful.

If not more so.

Quote by Dregen

They are. Glenn Beck is starting his own network.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Almost every little boy has his nails painted at some point. I know I did. I had an older sister, older sister's friends, and older cousins.

Seriously. Everybody gets their nails painted.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Almost every little boy has his nails painted at some point. I know I did. I had an older sister, older sister's friends, and older cousins.

Same. I'd be surprised if a guy with an older sister hadn't had it done at one time.
Quote by rgrockr

And just like that...the last brain cell weeps.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I to saw this on the Daily show and thought WTF IS THIS SHIT!!!!!!

Fox? seriously? seriously?

I had an older sister and shes painted my finger nails, she even gave me pigtails a few times, and guess what? I love women just as much as any other straight guy.

Fox is basically a bunch of neo-con right wing over religious morons who blow everything out of proportion.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
My thoughts its her kid she should do what ever she wants.
As for the kid he wanted to do it because hes curious as kids are

If it were my kid and my wife did that I would be very upset, but id take it out on the wife, Wouldnt do anything to the kid because hes a kid.

I'd also take him out to do something ultra manly like eat a steak drink some beers and stare at women's asses.
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
The article was going on how this will somehow affect the human species and crowd up hospital with people wanting to get sex changes lol
He's a woman trapped in a man's body!
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by rgrockr

If he actually does it will be utter shit.

Lets hope he runs out of chalkboards
I leik music
Quote by reggaebassman
I'd also take him out to do something ultra manly like eat a steak drink some beers and stare at women's asses.

I like doing all 3 of those things and wearing dresses occasionally.

lol

Opens thread.

Opens Fox article

Closes article.

If you didn't have that reaction, something is terribly wrong with you.
*sharp intake of breath*

That article is fucking disgusting.
Well, how about the fact that encouraging the choosing of gender identity, rather than suggesting our children become comfortable with the ones that they got at birth

neither gender is motivated to rank creating a family above having great sex forever and neither gender is motivated to protect the nation by marching into combat against other men and risking their lives.

So many homophobic undertones and bizarre tangents.
Quote by AzureNight
This kid is absolutely guaranteed to be a sperm receptacle in the future. His name is "Beckett" for fucks sake, and his favourite colour is pink and his idiot mother paints his toenails pink.

Dibs.

Good someone is standing up to the boys with pink toenails in this world.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think every boy with a sister (especially an older sister) has worn nail polish at some point. I know I did.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
To be honest, when I saw that photo I thought "Well, I mean, that is kind of fruity..." but the great thing about being that age is that despite what some pervy old psychoanalysts and child development experts might say, you can do things like that with very little bearings on your sexuality.

I'm the oldest boy, so the whole older-sister-treatment is foreign to me. So long as he's not some dress-up doll for his mom, it's alright I suppose; I disagree with the article's contention that transgenderism can be deduced at those ages, however. Also, I don't see why this needs to be "celebrated" either. Why should the emphasis be on anybody? The Fox article mentions a homogenization of gender roles which I don't totally disagree with, to my horror.

I did really like this line from the Fox article though:
Why not make race the next frontier? What would be so wrong with people deciding to tattoo themselves dark brown and claim African-American heritage?

Also, that's one of the youngest hipsters I've ever seen.

EDIT: Who the fuck names their kid "Beckett"?
Quote by AzureNight
Someone who apparently wants to ensure a future for their child as a cum dumpster or the kind of person who collects used condoms in a gay club washroom to get AIDS.

Anyone remember that thread where there was a bunch of fags fantasizing about being HIV positive? This kid will be one of them.

Fantastic parenting, that's for sure.

Stop it. Even if you're joking, I'm pretty close to reporting you.
Quote by dudetheman

Becket after Thomas Becket, the saint?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by NothingRocks
People still take Faux News serious?

ZOMG Faux News! That's so funny and original and not completely beaten to death.

Here's a question. Why the hell is this lady using (read: exploiting) her child for advertisement purposes? Doesn't that strike anybody as kind of slimy and unethical?

Regardless, the child is clearly not normal.

*edit:
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Stop it. Even if you're joking, I'm pretty close to reporting you.

Calm down, please.
Quote by rgrockr
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=86923&tsp=1

Looks like Fox wants to promote conformity by clinging to tired old gender stereotypes.

Original Fox article:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/04/11/j-crew-plants-seeds-gender-identity/#content

Discuss Fox, conformity, gender roles, and anything else relevant to this.

to be fair, I'm pretty sure all the news networks did that >.<

but, Fox might have started the story
Quote by NotFromANUS
ZOMG Faux News! That's so funny and original and not completely beaten to death.

Here's a question. Why the hell is this lady using (read: exploiting) her child for advertisement purposes? Doesn't that strike anybody as kind of slimy and unethical?

Regardless, the child is clearly not normal.

*edit:

Calm down, please.

Blatant homophobia is clearly against the rules and the terms of service of this website.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Blatant homophobia is clearly against the rules and the terms of service of this website.

He wasn't being homophobic, just overly descriptive. Regardless, take a chill pill. The last thing this forum needs is more people losing it. If you really insist on taking a principled stand, then just report him and don't make a big deal about it.
Quote by NotFromANUS
He wasn't being homophobic, just overly descriptive. Regardless, take a chill pill. The last thing this forum needs is more people losing it. If you really insist on taking a principled stand, then just report him and don't make a big deal about it.

All I did was give him an extremely fair warning. I hardly "lost it."
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by element4433

I feel bad for younger brothers then
Page 1 of 4