Hey guys,
What is the most versatile guitar for 600-700$ ? I play mostly ever style of music, accept death metal ant heavy stuff like that. Mostly I play RHCP, U2, DEEP PURPLE, AUDIOSLAVE. So, any ideas? Thank you!!!
Fender Stratocaster, or the Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
HSS Fender Stratocaster.

Or, the Godin Progression. Good luck finding one though!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Ehhh...swap out the pickups (unless they are dimarzio) and I personally would say they are pretty damn versitile but for your styles of music I agree a used Stratocaster would suit your needs very very well. You could go the extra mile and get a HSS Stratocaster which could do everything.
Last edited by PapaKooLay at Apr 16, 2011,
If you're looking for Ibanez exclusively, this one might be good for you, a pickup swap will be needed though

http://www.kellyindustries.com/guitars/ibanez_sas36fm.html

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-SA260FM
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Apr 16, 2011,
An HSS Stratocaster is definitely what you're looking for with those styles of music, especially with RHCP.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
If you really must spend that much, try an Ibanez 7 String with trem and triple pickup setup. For a bit less, try the RG5EX1 like I have, very versatile for the price of $400.00.

Maybe like this one

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-S7320-7-String-Electric-Guitar-104303987-i1173396.gc
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Apr 16, 2011,
amp>guitar
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by maziuzzz1994
Hey guys,
What is the most versatile guitar for 600-700$ ? I play mostly ever style of music, accept death metal ant heavy stuff like that. Mostly I play RHCP, U2, DEEP PURPLE, AUDIOSLAVE. So, any ideas? Thank you!!!

Strat's and les paul's are ideal for that style. But i'd look into some other companies that make copies of them, because if you're going to get it from fender or gibson you might find a nice guitar but the smaller companies are more honest imo!
Quote by crazytjeuh
Strat's and les paul's are ideal for that style. But i'd look into some other companies that make copies of them, because if you're going to get it from fender or gibson you might find a nice guitar but the smaller companies are more honest imo!

BS they are all out to make money.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Probably a PRS SE Custom 24 (maybe second hand for that money). There isnt much that bad boy cant do in my humble opinion
Humbucker-Single coil-Single coil Strat, with Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in the neck position will get you the John Frusciante sound. The humbucker in the bridge will allow for heavier styles of rock or metal. That's a swiss army knife guitar.
Quote by crowhue
Probably a PRS SE Custom 24 (maybe second hand for that money). There isnt much that bad boy cant do in my humble opinion

i dunno how suitable that'd be for what he wants to play. most of the stuff he listed as the main kind of sounds he's going for were single coils.

HSS strat seems like a no-brainer for those styles of music. or maybe even a regular strat with one of those single-coil size mini humbuckers in the bridge...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Fender Lonestar Stratocaster. I paid $550 for mine brand new. It's a MIM body and neck, but the pups blow standard HSS pups out of the water. I play a lot of cross between RHCP, Journey, Pink Floyd, John Mayer, Guns n' Roses, Metallica. It can definitely handle what you need.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
You're going to have a hard time beating an HSS Strat in versatility, especially with the range you've described.

Remember, though, a guitar is only as versatile as the amp it's played through- what do you have now?
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Goat Head Stew
Humbucker-Single coil-Single coil Strat, with Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in the neck position will get you the John Frusciante sound. The humbucker in the bridge will allow for heavier styles of rock or metal. That's a swiss army knife guitar.

this. easily one of the more capable guitar set-ups around

also, the sort of versatility you're talking about requires going beyond the guitar. you're gonna have to make sure your amp/pedals can pump out the requisite tones. if you're amp isn't up to snuff, it won't matter what guitar you put through it.
pretty much any H-S-S guitar will be the most versatile setup. I've been gassing for a lone star for a while now. It has Texas special single coils, and (I believe) a pearly gates 'bucker. I want one BAD. It should be able to handle pretty much everything you listed very well, and it's only $550-600 new. If you can find one used for less, snatch it up.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
pretty much any H-S-S guitar will be the most versatile setup. I've been gassing for a lone star for a while now. It has Texas special single coils, and (I believe) a pearly gates 'bucker. I want one BAD. It should be able to handle pretty much everything you listed very well, and it's only $550-600 new. If you can find one used for less, snatch it up.

This.

I have a RG7420, I have it wired up JPX style, with the CL/LF JP Signature pickups. IMO, its mainly the pickups that does the talking.

But in your case, I think a Epiphone Les Paul will do the job great.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
ive tried one. didn'l like it. it is a serious instrument but...no. i didn'd enjoyed any schecter i played, don't know why.
Line 6 varied? However, if your a member of the "I'd rather eat my own cack then use line 6 " group, try a les pual or a modified strat'.
Quote by maziuzzz1994
Hey guys,

Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster. All the bands you listed play Strats, and the Highway 1 is (IMO) the best at that price point. It has slightly hotter pickups which are better for rock and the satin finish feels really good.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass