One time I dropped a glass cup in my room and it broke. I found all the pieces except one about a cm squared.

Then like 2 or 3 months later I realized what happened. It had broken in a way that the piece landed in the trash.

The strange thing is that I had actually seen it land in the trash but didn't realize it at the time and only remembered that I had actually seen it like 2 or 3 months later.

What's that called?
Last edited by mizxou at Apr 16, 2011,
It's called a miracle.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by cjmabry
Bahahahaha. Can I sig that?

Quote by Kurt Vonnegut
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
Its called a boring story
But I love when weird stuff like that happens to me
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Apr 16, 2011,
I read somewhere that the brain sometimes processes things it sees in one moment at any given time later. That's why some people will think they hear someone saying their name when there's no one talking, its just their brain getting around to it. Then again that's only what i read..
It's called short term memory loss.

You found all of the pieces.
All of the pieces landed in the trash can.
Several weeks later you remember you found all of the pieces in the trash can.

Several weeks from now i'm going to remember I responded to this thread.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Fat Lard
he seen it land.

been had seen it

I think this might be one of the best answers I've ever seen. To anything.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I know what you're talking about, it's pretty weird when it happens to me.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
isn't it the same thing that cops on tv do when they tell witnesses/victims to close their eyes and remember something, then they're like oh ya the licence plate was a7g5h6

it's on tv it has to be real
It means you had been abducted by aliens in those 2 or 3 months and they uploaded memories into your brain so you don't know they abducted you, then they put you back in time 5 minutes after you cleaned up the glass so you could see the piece in the trash can and quickly warped you back to the present day. So basically you didn't remember it, you SAW IT!!

Oh and this also means you've got a really shitty grip and should be careful around fragile objects.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
It means you had been abducted by aliens in those 2 or 3 months and they uploaded memories into your brain so you don't know they abducted you, then they put you back in time 5 minutes after you cleaned up the glass so you could see the piece in the trash can and quickly warped you back to the present day. So basically you didn't remember it, you SAW IT!!

Oh and this also means you've got a really shitty grip and should be careful around fragile objects.

most of this is right except i have a great grip and technically they wouldn't be called aliens
Quote by mizxou
most of this is right except i have a great grip and technically they wouldn't be called aliens

What would they be called then?
Time loss or repressed memories?

You didn't get a visit from Uncle John later on in the bedroom that night did you?

Or do you not remember that, too?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Quote by mystical_1

You didn't get a visit from Uncle John later on in the bedroom that night did you?

aliens are much better than family date rape you sick b@$tard
I had a time loss moment when I was about eight. You have to go through all the possibilities when you've had one because it is so... surreal, you are compelled to try and figure out why it happened.

Mine was simply not being able to sleep while sitting up in bed and looking out a window at about 7pm when I was eight years old. Two minutes later the sun came up and it was morning.

There is no explanation and it wasn't sleep paralysis, abuse, ufo (well I hope not). It's just unexplainable. But I never forgot it.

If you google in Time Loss you get like a billion hits from all over the world. People driving and all of a sudden being at their destination without remembering the drive, etc...

It's a cool subject unless you really think about why it happened and why it's happened to so many people.

I just chalk it up to... maybe I fell asleep. (Even though I know I didn't.)
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

this wasnt time loss but time loss is interesting

it was that my senses pick up a lot more than i realize and it was stored in my brain somewhere and then one day just came out of storage
Quote by mizxou

No you don't, did you forget what you told us? You dropped a glass cup.
I've had time loss when I keep losing at a game then like ill go all time loss then be about to win somehow and then I realize I'm about to win then mess up and loss
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

There's other weird theories about alternate realities, where you think an event occured one way and find out years later that it didn't or it happend differently than millions of people thought it did.

The assassination of Nelson Mendela is one notable case. Most people remember the day it happened and the world mourning.

But it never did happen. Or did it and someone went back in time or something and changed history? I actually remember the news broadcasts about it. But, it's a false memory because he is still alive.

I heard about it one night on Art Bell/George Norry Coast to Coast AM radio talk show. I don't know if anyone in Europe can get it, though.

Great show, check out his website on a rainy day.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Last edited by mystical_1 at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
No you don't, did you forget what you told us? You dropped a glass cup.

well actually i knocked it over but that's not an important detail so it really doesnt matter how i wrote it, what matters is the brain power that happened
I've read about time loss, its some pretty creepy stuff. Apparently its thought to have something to do with space-time ripples/fluxes. I should check to see if there are accounts of multiple people experiencing it at the same time - all the accounts I've read are always when a person is alone.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Simple, Weird shit + The pit = Complicated, badly backed theorys that you should probably stay away from.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by mystical_1

Quote by mizxou
aliens are much better than family date rape you sick b@$tard

Family Date Rape?

how the...

what the...

why dude...why..?
Quote by MagicsDevil

The white figure looks like the cover of Fallout: New Vegas.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."