Long story short, ive been looking at the s420 for a while, and was about 2 buy it last night. But i saw the Jackson Dk2 for the same price (new, made in Japan) and now im swaying towards the Jackson. Jst wondering what people thought of the Jackson compared 2 the Ibanez.

Btw i cant try out either exact models
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
can you get to belfast? matchetts normally has some pro series jacksons (though obviously ring first to make sure).

they have some ibanezes too (though if you want to try that specific one, again, ring first).

They also have those new pro mod MIJ charvels. Would also be worth trying.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Both guitars are really good, but play both before buying to see what you like more. I'm in a somewhat similar situation that once i have the cash to buy a new axe, it would be either a Pro series Dinky or an S series Ibby. I have played an S470 and S570 and about 7 (yes 7) different Pro Dinkys.

I prefer the DK2. Seymour Duncan pickups are excellent and i really like the feel of the neck compared to the extremly thin Ibanez neck and i like the compound radius fingerboard as it is comfortable for rythm and lead. The Ibanez has the ZR trem which is excellent, but the pickups are Ibanez' own, which are inferior to the Duncans in the Jackson IMO. The Jackson has an LFR, which isn't bad, but it isn't as good stability-wise as the ZR in the Ibanez.

What i think it boils down to is do you want a better trem system or a better tone? Do you like the very thin neck (Ibby) or a moderatly thin neck (Jacky). Out of the 7 Dinkys i have played, they played consistently well and i was impressed with their tone. The Ibanez was cool for its tuning stabiity, but the pickups were a bit of a let down.

Just my two cents, both guitars are good. Definatly play both models if that's possible.
Thanks guys, but looks like the DK2 has been sold. I was sold on getting a DK2m a while back, but their price has sky-rocketed recently, and just really want a guitar that has a floating trem. Ah well.

@Dave_MC; do Matchetts have Pro series jacksons? Last time i was in (2 weeks ago) the only Jacksons I noticed were the JS series. And they definitely don't have the Ibanez, I asked about it and they can order it in, but I'd have to wait until at least June
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

While you're waiting, get a new amp
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by DegaDeth

@Dave_MC; do Matchetts have Pro series jacksons? Last time i was in (2 weeks ago) the only Jacksons I noticed were the JS series. And they definitely don't have the Ibanez, I asked about it and they can order it in, but I'd have to wait until at least June

ah ok i haven't been in for a while

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

If you could try other ibanezes with the same neck profile as the s420, that might at least give you a little idea.

what about dawson's in bangor? Again i haven't been for a while (so phone or email first) but the last time I was there they had some pro series jacksons.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok i haven't been in for a while

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

If you could try other ibanezes with the same neck profile as the s420, that might at least give you a little idea.

what about dawson's in bangor? Again i haven't been for a while (so phone or email first) but the last time I was there they had some pro series jacksons.

Lol no worries. My Rg has a wizard II neck, and while the s420 has a wizard III, its more or less the same.

And forgot about Dawsons, and i was in Bangor on thursday . Im usually up in belfast at uni bt have 3 weeks off so mite take a run back up
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

yeah it's a pain getting to bangor, but if they maybe have the guitar you want.

As i said, though, phone first (unless you're going to make the trip anyway), i haven't been in for ages, they might have got rid of the jacksons.

And yeah i'm guessing if you already have an ibanez you have a fair idea what their necks are like.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?