Then what is in the other 80%??
What would we be able to do if we used all of our brain?
Do we use our whole brain?
what do you think Pit? post your ideas...

Soy un perdedor.

Sans.
Last edited by YorkieBar147 at Apr 16, 2011,
I think that we'd just be asking ourselves "What could we do if we only used 20% of our brain's full capacity?"
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
except we don't. We are constantly using all of our brain, it's just that the conscious mind only "inhabits" a certain amount of it. The other parts are used for bodily functions, perceptual ability, and a whole load more.
No. Just look the functions of our brains and what each section does. It's all explained in elementary psychology
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
No. Just look the functions of our brains and what each section does. It's all explained in elementary psychology

thats what i thought too. i was watching something about a female speedtalker and it was showin usage of the different parts of the brain, so i was quite unsure of whether the 20% was true but ohwell
Soy un perdedor.

Sans.
Funny you should say that. I was watching a documentary about this guy who took these pills that allowed him to use his full brainpower. He became really rich and succesful. You should try find those pills, TS.
◙▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      ◂◂  ►  ▐ ▌  ◼  ▸▸

Haters gonna hate
Only a small amount of neurons are firing at any one time. However, you use your whole brain throughout your life. It's a myth that you can only use 20% of your brain. The brain is a very useful tool but you need all of it to harness it properly.
RIP Adam
Last edited by SexyLikeAPig at Apr 16, 2011,
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
From what I know, we can only use approximately 10% (It changes depending on what you are doing) of our brain at one time. However, you use your whole brain throughout your life. It's a myth that you can only use 20% of your brain.

Except when you are, for example, sleeping and your entire brain is active.

VÅDIT nice edit
it's true that certain pills make yourself smarter.

Just sell placebo to gullible idiots, that's smart!
Quote by padgea7x
I think that we'd just be asking ourselves "What could we do if we only used 20% of our brain's full capacity?"

also, we would know better than to make bad threads like this, and IdkWhatImDoing might actually almost know what he's doing.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Except when you are, for example, sleeping and your entire brain is active.

VÅDIT nice edit

Yeah i tend to edit my posts quite a lot, i always think of a better way of wording it
RIP Adam
Looks like someones been watching Limitless...
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Våd Hamster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions

This shit should be required reading for everyone.

+1
Should be read once at the start of every year of school.

Also, I never got the 20% thing, it's not like you ever hear about someone getting shot in the head and the doctor saying "ah, it's just the 80% he doesn't use, don't worry about it"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Only a small (10-20%, depends on what you're doing) amount of neurons are firing at one time. You do, however, use pretty much every single neuron in your brain at some point; neuronal synapses are constantly being remapped while you learn, take in information, etc.

If they all fired at the same time - acute epilepsy
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
75% of .20%, 40% of the time = The Pit

Might have better luck asking the Guitar Techniques guys.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

You'd fall into a state of shock, have multiple seizures shortly followed by brain death.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Its simple. The machines plant their chips into the other 80 percent and then take over. or at least they would, if they hadnt already.
I was voted least likely to survive the inevitable zombie apocalypse in high school.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
+1
Should be read once at the start of every year of school.

Also, I never got the 20% thing, it's not like you ever hear about someone getting shot in the head and the doctor saying "ah, it's just the 80% he doesn't use, don't worry about it"

I know several people I'm pretty sure you would have to shoot in the ass to even come close to disrupting a neuron.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
*sigh* we don't actually think 'QUICK, BODY, REGULATE THE TEMPERATURE BEFORE I BOIL', the hypothalamus does it for us. we consciously occupy a relatively small proportion of our mind by thinking and moving, but even something as mundane as playing music is a global process.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by _me_
Funny you should say that. I was watching a documentary about this guy who took these pills that allowed him to use his full brainpower. He became really rich and succesful. You should try find those pills, TS.

Limitless? HAhaha
Quote by mnf50
List of common misconceptions: Religion

It's filled with penguins.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I think it's meant to be that we only use 20% of our brain at any one time. We use the whole of it, but just not all at once.

L.F.C
Quote by tubatom868686
One time I sneezed and pooped in my pants at someones house. It fell down my pantleg onto the floor. I blamed it on the dog. They believed me
Quote by richie7410
I think it's meant to be that we only use 20% of our brain at any one time. We use the whole of it, but just not all at once.

I urinated while humming this morning. That's a lot of brain function at once.
We use more than that.. When you idle you use like 16%, when you tell a story from your past you use about 45%, when you sleep you use 33% (numbers are accurate from a research done by neurologists using an MRI at a university I don't remember right now)..

The remaining % of the brain are used for functions we can't control, aka visuospatial processing, memory storage, balance, etc..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by mnf50
List of common misconceptions: Religion

Everyone should have to read that list at some point, especially for that little gem.

Seriously, we use our whole brain. Our brain is constantly telling our heart to beat, our lungs to breath, interpreting feelings, etc..
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"