I was watching a live version of "Parisienne Walkways" by Gary Moore and he held a bend something like 10 seconds. When I try to do a bend for that long it never seems to work! It always goes out at like 5 seconds or something.
compressor
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    ^a compressor wont make it sound like natural sustain. It'll sound like a compressor.

Sustain is largely a combination of how your guitar is built and set up, and your technique. As has been said, if you add vibrato you can get longer sustain, but its also important for your guitar to be set up properly. Even then, some guitars just arent built for huge amounts of sustain.
    Make sure you get a good grip of the bend and the neck, bring your thumb over the top of the fretboard, this will put more strength behind the bend. Also make sure your bending from the wrist and not the fingers, again this is a strength thing.

Of your guitars action is to low you could end up fretting out as you bend, so test your guitar action to.

a good vibrato will also help, as well as make the bent note sound better. Bends can sound kind of dull with out vibrato.
    Tube amp
    Craploads of volume

That's pretty much it
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
    People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
    i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
    Pick the note along with the drums, so it blends the "pick" sound when you actually pick it. Is kind of hard to explain for me.
    Check out a video of Flying in a Blue Dream by Joe Satriani, there's a part where he seems to hold a note forever, but he is just picking again and again.
    Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
    Kramer Striker FR422SM
    Roland Microcube
    Digitech Bad Monkey
    Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
    But that's not what Gary Moore does, he's just sustaining the note by controlling the feedback
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
    People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
    i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
    Quote by steven seagull
    But that's not what Gary Moore does, he's just sustaining the note by controlling the feedback

I know, but is an alternative if he don't want or can't crank the amp.
    Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
    Kramer Striker FR422SM
    Roland Microcube
    Digitech Bad Monkey
    Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS