When playing somewhere on the bottom 3 Strings (G,B,E) I hear this awful rattle coming from the head of the guitar. I can's seem to find out its exat location or if anything needs to be tightened down. Not exactly a huge problem it only happens when im un-plugged from the amp, but i would still like to know the culprut.

So, why is my guitar rattling?
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
its probably your tuning pegs

try holding them while you play the strings that rattle to see if it is

sometimes if you tighten them itll stop
It's probably the nut around one of your tuning pegs, they sometimes come loose and then rattle around. If you hand-tighten them, it should go away.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Okay i i found it is the 3rd tuning peg, now how do i tighten it.. i have every tool under the sun and i don't see one that could tighten it.
Quote by behind_you

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Ah ya know, never mind i feel pretty dumb now ^_^ I got it! No more rattle haha.. Thanks all =)
Quote by behind_you

Quote by JustRooster